Good Boy!

So, I stayed in town tonight to attend the official opening of the Chiang Mai Triumph dealer's new shop and Kat, my missus came in with step-nipper to join in the fun. She brought the camera to take a few snaps but started raving about Mr Bones (my 3 year old APBT) and a "big snake" in the garden. Now, Mr Bones has killed 3 or 4 snakes before, usually about a foot long and as thick as your thumb. This one was a bit different - a 4 foot cobra about as thick as a child's wrist!

PC060064Large.jpg

He has a "bite & shake" technique and quickly reduced the snake to 3 pieces. Amazingly there was an undigested frog inside the snake

PC060056Large.jpg

Snake guts all over the place

PC060062Large.jpg

Even 3 foot up in a bush.

PC060061Large.jpg

Good boy!!! :headbang2:

Cheers,

Pikey.

I actually like snakes a lot. But also respect them enough to not handle them in the wild, and certainly would never have one as a pet. Its a real pity that they are pretty well wiped out in most urban bushland here in Oz (due to fear and humans with a shovel or other heavy object)

The two main snakes in SYDNEY AREA is the Red bellied black and the Brown snake ( there are many more including the huge diamond python which is non venomous. All great for reducing vermin, which all urban areas have plenty off. Both grow to 8 or 9 feet when mature and neither will be found in same area. The red belly is the easiest to kill as is not aggresive and chooses to try and excape. But this one (the red) will kill the Brown which is an aggressive snake if it is in reds territory. So basically people kill the non agresive one to allow the aggresive one in?

At least when they kill them in Thailand they eat them. Which makes far more sense to me than just killing. But Thailand really has very little left of its native animals and forest. Its now not possible for an elephant to live in Thailand unless its in captivity. Real pity that.

I grew up in an area in UK which was on chalk downs and had lots of adders/vipers and slow worms 20 odd years ago. I went back just over a year ago and none exist there now at all !

Last edited:
good boy indeed!

Dont get me wrong Pikey. Not knocking yr dog. The dog at least is using its own abilitys to do a natural attack on an animal, and would eat its prey if succesfull. A far braver act than a shovel or gun match up, with no intention to eat just fear.

Oh and besure to post the trumpy shop. Like to see it mate

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Damn! Good snake Dawg.....one like that would be the cat's ass here in Floridastan for sure, as many rattlers as are here he'd be an asset on a hunting trip.
Nice thing about pits like that, they grab the snake and shake it so fast it has no time to strike and hurt the dog. Looks like the pup literally shredded that cobra....man...what a job! Good Boy!

Dont get me wrong Pikey. Not knocking yr dog. The dog at least is using its own abilitys to do a natural attack on an animal, and would eat its prey if succesfull. A far braver act than a shovel or gun match up, with no intention to eat just fear.

Oh and besure to post the trumpy shop. Like to see it mate

No probs Music. :) He has a hell of a strong prey drive and is basically quick enough to kill anything unfortunate enough to venture into our (walled) garden. He's had a couple of cats, a few chickens, a bird and a rat (see below). He doesn't eat the things he kills but covets them for a while before letting us clean up.

He got a big bowl of raw beef this morning as a reward for the cobra kill which incidentally, the neighbours took - probably to eat!

Good thing is, like any good purebred bull terrier he is brilliant with people, especially children. :)

P6200027Large.jpg

P5040029.jpg

P5140006Large.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

Its actually not bad eating mate. My neighbour when I stay at Lao Pac Sai swaps me a snake soup dish for raw fish I buy. Probably my third fav dish after beef lap with kowniow and pat kanow (scuse spelling)
Nice dog mate And sure he would eat if never got spoiled lol My dogs get sticky rice with fish bones Here and in thailand Plus whatever scraps we have

Last edited: