Choke Knob Removal for EFI Model

Hi
Went to remove my choke knob on the bonneville SE and the black plastic keeps turning.
How do you remove them to put a decent aftermarket alternative on?

Kiwi

Two Stroke
It's held on with loctite. Use an 8mm spanner on the nut at the base of the knob. If you're looking to make your own replacement, the thread is standard M4.

Turned the nut at the base of the plastic knob and it finally turned (thai used too much loctite?) gentle as small of course. the snowball has started to roll :-D

Kiwi

Two Stroke
He's just being picky :nose::D

Technically it's a choke knob on the carburetted models and a fast idle knob on the EFI models since the EFI models don't have a choke as such - they just use the knob to increase the idle speed. Although the owners manual for my EFI model still calls it a choke, and the knob itself still has the choke symbol molding into it.

So anyway, what are you replacing it with?

Well a friend turned up an aluminium choke knob based on the triumph patent triangle badge, looks neat i thought. Did get bonneville.com comes hammer head one but rather surprised how small it was. Its all in the detail :-D we now have a agent in the UK for their items too.

Kiwi

Two Stroke
Cool, I'd like to see a pic of it if you can. I've replaced mine with a basic aluminium one I turned up. But I've since bought a small Triumph triangle badge to put on a new knob when I find the time. Xmas holidays are about to start so I plan to get it done then along with a new instrument panel that I've been wanting to do for a while too.

The pics are of what's on there now.

Attachments

• DSCF2374a.JPG
    DSCF2374a.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF2375a.JPG
    DSCF2375a.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 0