I can walk again!

Gretsch

Rocker
I broke my leg a few months back in a stupid crash on the Street Triple. Both bones in the lower leg (tib & fib) were snapped and I got some new hardware in the form of a titanium rod down the center of my tibia. The good new is that I just got back from the doc, and he gave me the green light to start walking. I've still got to wear this ridiculous looking boot but I don't care. It's good to be a biped again!

EDG1911

Street Tracker
congrats.

4z2pev9.jpg

D9

Vendor
Gretsch... being able to stand upright after not being able to for awhile is a good feeling...BTDT... feel like you might be able to damn near fly. Good on you, hope you' re back in the saddle in 2011.

LINDY

Two Stroke
I broke a tib/fib years ago. My foot still doen not haver full extension. It was a real pain. i feel your pain!

+1, It has been 13 months since my break and i just now feel like I can walk somewhat normal. When I ride,or just plain sit for more than 15 min's my ankle tightens up, and when it gets cold I swear I can feel every screw they put in my bones to hold the plate in place.
I cant even imagine how a rod feels.:eeek: Rehab strong, and hang in there. When you get a chance to ride again all the pain will disappear, for a while at least.

TheFixer

Two Stroke
Welcome back! Glad to hear you are among the mobile again. I hope you are able to ride again when the weather gets better in CO.

Grassy53

Scooter
Gretsch... being able to stand upright after not being able to for awhile is a good feeling...BTDT... feel like you might be able to damn near fly. Good on you, hope you' re back in the saddle in 2011.

Best feeling ever. Standing upright, feel 10 foot tall. Makes you appreciate life

mark66

TT Racer
Good to hear your starting to walk again. It must have felt like forever waiting for this day. :up:

Good stuff Gretch and glad that you reconsidered chucking the riding bug in. Wait for a break in the weather and go out on the bike and remember what life is all about again!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Gretsch

Rocker
Here's some pics of the break and my new hardware...

Attachments

• Broken Leg 1.jpg
    Broken Leg 1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Broken Leg 2.jpg
    Broken Leg 2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Broken Leg 3.jpg
    Broken Leg 3.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Broken Leg 4.jpg
    Broken Leg 4.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Broken Leg 5.jpg
    Broken Leg 5.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Broken Leg 6.jpg
    Broken Leg 6.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Broken Leg 7.jpg
    Broken Leg 7.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Damn glad to hear you are back to walkin. Wish you the speediest recovery possibile and hope you can get the leg over a boike soon!