Stabbed in the back by my brother

coopv2

Street Tracker
Hi there Guys, sorry I have not been around for a while, been preoccupied with the usual crap in life, and now i wish to share the latest saga. just in case you are bored... Here goes.
some of you may be aware that I recently built this custom INDIAN Motorcycle.
Took a year and a half & 600 hours of my blood, sweat and brain strain.
picture.php

Anyway. 3 weeks ago I celebrated my 50th. :cheer:Yea for me.:headbang2:
I decided to invite my cousin (DENVER)and brother, both do not get along, as my brother recently ripped off my cousin Denver. hey its been 3 years and I thought my birthday would be a great time for them to shake hands and move on, WRONG.
My brother accuses me of taking Denvers side to the story and not backing my Bro up. TRUE, but he was my brother and I was ignoring his bullshit.
(Bear with me its a long story with a devastating ending) During the week after the party. Bro comes over and asks ' are you taking Brads Indian (Customer I built the Indian for) to the Melbourne Custom motorcycle Expo' i say ' Nah f**k that its 24 hours of driving in his van to stand around for 3 days, and drive home for 24 hours.
Got a business to run.
He goes back to Brad and says 'shane said you can get f**ked hes not going' (turns out he was shitty about the party thing so thought that would pay me back).
Anyway, Brad drives to Melbourne, Displays the bike. as being built by himself. conclusion. The bike wins the top prize of the show, also taking out the National championship. ( First time I have ever won a bloody thing) Brad accepts the trophy. and then the major sponsor East Coast Custom Distributors, presents the main accolade a 'BRAND NEW S&S X-WEDGE engine'
about $10,000 here in OZ. Presented to the BIKE BUILDER.
Brad said that was him.
He gets back to the Gold Coast here, and by now I have rung the sponsor to confirm my win, and they say OH you built that bike, we did not know.
So they sent me email confirmation of their intentions toward giving the engine to the builder., Which I took to Brad, to pick up my winnings. and I am told to 'F**K off out of his office. The sponsor can get F**Ked and so can I'. The next day I find out all this anger was the result of my brothers B.S. I confront him, and his response was 'I deserve what I get for not supporting him'
So... NO CREDIT for my work, NO PRIZE engine, and now NO BROTHER.
Hope y'all had a better week than me. At least I still have my Trumpy. More reliable than a Brother.
:chair:
And for those that missed the previous posts on this bike. close ups at this blog...
http://indian-retro47.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
Karma mate .... Hope it comes back to bite there arse

thanks, thats what I thought, i also thought I might give karma a little push.
but that would cause me to lose Karma points. and I almost have enough to buy some new parts for my triumph

Now theres a thought, What about a reward points card, called 'KarmaKard'
interest free call me now for your application

dschief

750cc
You could always slip the tax man a little note about your brother's "winnings", just to make sure you don't get "credit" for it........... just saying, it was in your name with the sponsor. Or don't you have to claim non-monetary prizes as income in Oz?

78gold

Two Stroke
Coop,
For all that shit you still actually built one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen and thats coming from an old fart that usually prefers the old school chop.
That is take a perfectly good bike, attack it with a acetelene axe, change the steering dynamics (usually for the worse), make it too low to take a decent speed bump and then take all the bits at the back off that stop your bum trying to have coitus with your neck,lol.
But that "indian" build of yours is the ducks guts man and regardless of any other prick taking credit the Kudos are all yours, sleep well knowing Karma is a bitch and she does bite back eventually.
All the best
Nigel

strokerlmt

coop....that sucks....fucking awesome bike. that is really shit. I'd go get the engine after midnight. hope you send the sponsor proof of the build and have the record changed. blood does not mean you have to have a brother. say goodbye. and I believe is what someone said, karma, it will all come back around one day. "press on"
LMT

T-boy

Rocker
She is a great looking bike, coop. If you can look on the bright side, at least you won't have to buy your bro a Christmas present this year. Pretty bogus move on his part I'd say.

mark66

TT Racer
Coop, man, even after what they've done, you've still got the Truth and your Honor. They've got nothin'.

Absolutely beautiful work of art that bike. Congratulations on winning.

coopv2

Street Tracker
coop....that sucks....fucking awesome bike. that is really shit. I'd go get the engine after midnight. hope you send the sponsor proof of the build and have the record changed. blood does not mean you have to have a brother. say goodbye. and I believe is what someone said, karma, it will all come back around one day. "press on"
LMT
Thanks LMT, as much as I am a big fan of revenge, your right, Karma will do the work for me. Revenge can be a never ending cycle,(i stab you, you stab me, eventually someone bleeds out, but at what cost.
She is a great looking bike, coop. If you can look on the bright side, at least you won't have to buy your bro a Christmas present this year. Pretty bogus move on his part I'd say.
Hey dont worry, in 50 years that tightarse has never got anyone a Christmas present. I did want to give him a punch in the mouth, but I cant work out how to wrap it.
Coop, man, even after what they've done, you've still got the Truth and your Honor. They've got nothin'.
Absolutely beautiful work of art that bike. Congratulations on winning.
Cheers mark, Doing my best to keep my honor intact. Feel like Im laying in the ditch. pretending Im at a party,
They have a saying where I grew up "paybacks are a MF". Give it time, I'm sure things will work out fine.
Thats what I am counting on, its a small world, The more people you piss off, the more chances you will trip and fall.

And on the TAX thing, We are lucky here in OZ. your winnings are TAX FREE.
but this pair have been stretching a legal tight rope for years. But its not my style to make this apparent to the right people. they will dig their own hole.

thanks for your support guys, Today Im working on building a bridge to get over this disappointing episode.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Coop,
For all that shit you still actually built one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen and thats coming from an old fart that usually prefers the old school chop.
That is take a perfectly good bike, attack it with a acetelene axe, change the steering dynamics (usually for the worse), make it too low to take a decent speed bump and then take all the bits at the back off that stop your bum trying to have coitus with your neck,lol.
But that "indian" build of yours is the ducks guts man and regardless of any other prick taking credit the Kudos are all yours, sleep well knowing Karma is a bitch and she does bite back eventually.
All the best
Nigel
Cheers Nigel, havent built an old school chop for a lot of years now. Looks like the era of the flat black bobber is in full swing at the moment.
But this might be closer to your hard core desires.
http://indianbobber.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html
picture.php

D9

Vendor
Coop, congrats on the win -well deserved, the bike is a masterpiece in every way... sorry to hear of the BS with your bro, the only advice I would have is to stay far away...

tezza

Street Tracker
sorry to hear about all the shit coop, like they say you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family.i had shit with my arshole brother too,he decieded he should get all my parents inheritance and me and my other brother got fuck all ,it was only a few grand each, so in the end after all the arguments and bullshit we told him to take it and fuck off and never speak to us again,

coopv2

Street Tracker
Coop, congrats on the win -well deserved, the bike is a masterpiece in every way... sorry to hear of the BS with your bro, the only advice I would have is to stay far away...
thanks for your vote of Confidence D9, hope your keeping yourself busy,
are you workin on Any neat projects at the moment buddy.?

sorry to hear about all the shit coop, like they say you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family.i had shit with my arshole brother too,he decieded he should get all my parents inheritance and me and my other brother got fuck all ,it was only a few grand each, so in the end after all the arguments and bullshit we told him to take it and fuck off and never speak to us again,

Yes tezza, seems like there is always someone in the family with a defective gene. Where are you on the goldy mate.
My shop is on precision Drive, opposite the Salvo's warehouse, If you fell like a ride by, to have a chat any time.

Looks like Brad is the winner out of this at the moment. But who will build a bike round that new engine for him?

If I had a mate with your skills I would not be shitting on him. And I think He will wake up to this

coopv2

Street Tracker
i have always known he was an arsehole and accepted that for what it was.
Funny thing is, I come from a Bike club background, Dad was a club member in his youth. and so was my uncle lyle,
I spent 6.5 years working as a HD mechanic in a shop run by members.
Spent many hours fixing their bikes, riding and drinking alongside some very Nice guys. and some of the meanest, nastiest, muther fuckers around. all the time, maintaining my own individuality and integrity.
Respect goes along way with these people. and yet here I have an over weight, out of shape, in bad health. financially secure, mentally immature, wanker.
That thinks he is a tough guy, that can shit on who ever he wants.
And I know 1 punch from my skinny white ass, would have him cowering in the corner. But why should I bother. I like to sleep at night with a clear conscience.
I spent the first 2 sleepless nights planning payback that could be taken. Knowing how much he has to lose.
That made me feel better, Now I am good to get on with my life. Supported by guys from all over the world, that I hardly know.
Thanks guys.

nohawk

Rocker
Dude. You did nothing wrong, all this shit is wrong on so many levels. Him saying he built the bike is absurd. Your work is top notch coop!