Truck Owners Out There?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I was reading how that Hemi will dropped down to four cylinders when cruising at highway speeds...pretty impressive stuff. I'm liking that Ram1500 the more I look into it. As long as I can pull three bikes on a trailer, two snowmobiles, possibly a camper, wood, mulch, shrubs, dead bodies, and anything other minor hauling...I'm good. Looking forward to having a truck again!

I like those Hemi trucks. I might be tempted by one except my truck is in great shape, paid for, and I don't think you can get a manual trans with the Hemi. I gotta have a manual. I HATE driving anything with an automatic.

Rocker

Two Stroke
I've just spent a couple of weeks driving my bro's loaded Ram 4 door 4x4 Hemi., even had those nifty storage boxes in the box sides.
PIA to park anywhere except an ice flow, and Canada has lots of spare room laying around. Didn't drive it hard 'cos I'm a little short of points on my license , it still cost me over $100.00 (= 90 litres) to do 400kms. South of the 49th parallel that's just over 10 mpg. The thing has all sorts of power and drives real nice and the cab has more room in it than the semi I used to drive in the U K. No disrespect intended to those that love 'em but it didn't really do it for me convenience wise.

Rocker, that's exactly why I have a big truck AND a small Honda Fit. I use the truck for, well, truckin', and the Fit for a daily driver.

nohawk

Rocker
I just replaced brakes,tranny fluid/filter,and shocks on my old farm style f150 for $142.00 this weekend. All the new gas engined half tons would clean me wallet out at even 2.25 a gallon. A coworker just got a new Ram 1500 4dr 4x4 hemi and he cant get better then 14mpg, but it is badass.

drlapo

Hooligan
2001 F150 XL 6 cyl 5 spd manual no problems except 2 EGR vacuum sensors@ $30 each
still on the original battery
20mpg every day 26 highway