need a nostalgic but affordable tire

The only tire I know that has a nostalgic look with modern technology is the Michelin Pilot Classic...however I think the smallest size they offer may still be too big for what we can run (I have an 07 Bonnie also).

Dont really think many take much notice of the pattern of tread on the tyre. I run Avon road riders for the more responsive feel I get of bike with surface.

Easy13

Street Tracker
+1 more for Roadriders. You could look at the Metzeler ME880 if you don't like the look of the Avons. Good grip, extremely long-wearing. Jakewilson.com has very good prices.

USBLUZ

moped
I have an '09 Mag and just ordered a pair of Avon Roadriders. Getting them installed later this week

110-70 R17 Front
130-80 R17 Rear

I have a buddy I ride with who swears by 'em

My stock Metzelers got 9300 miles on them and served me well, but I am not a fan of the tread pattern. Good tires though. I chose the Avons due to the more classic look, and positive feedback from my buddy and others I have spoken with.

ivar

TT Racer
that speedmaster looks pretty old skool:
Speedmaster_Mk11x2.png

DIRK

750cc
stay with a modern tire. the old skool look is ok until you try to beat the road in your favourite twisties. so unless you are just a poser stay modern its a lot more fun out in the road!

ivar

TT Racer
for tose that remember the 70's
Dunlop K70
05636_1.jpg

I'd go for modern tires any day myself though..

DandyDoug

750cc
Survived my days on those old Dunlops and do not miss them a bit.
If you want a vintage tire look you might try Coker Tire in TN. Corky supplies all sorts of odd tires.

not wanting a bad handling tire just curious as to what everyones running, i lik ethe older look as my 07 Bonnie is the first late model bike I have had in years

stay with a modern tire. the old skool look is ok until you try to beat the road in your favourite twisties. so unless you are just a poser stay modern its a lot more fun out in the road!

I agree. "Vintage tire" to me is like "vintage brakes", not a good place on the bike to be making performance sacrifices for appearance's sake. I doubt that anyone pays much attention to the tread pattern anyway, other than the owner.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Man I do not miss the old days at all concerning tires. I currently run Metzeler ME880's on both ends as they provide the long wearing performance and excellent grip I desire in a modern motorcycle tire.
I would not hesitate to try the Avons either as I have heard nothing but good things from the folks who run them.
Good Luck with your choices but there might just be a reason the manufacturors aren't making the old patterns much anymore.

sportyone

Street Tracker
I have an '09 Mag and just ordered a pair of Avon Roadriders. Getting them installed later this week

110-70 R17 Front
130-80 R17 Rear

I have a buddy I ride with who swears by 'em

My stock Metzelers got 9300 miles on them and served me well, but I am not a fan of the tread pattern. Good tires though. I chose the Avons due to the more classic look, and positive feedback from my buddy and others I have spoken with.

I have noticed, most people who rebuild classic British bikes use Dunlop Gold Seal tyres,
they look really good and very classic too ! :headbang2: