What happens when you cross a Paul Smith Triumph with...

KingBear

Hooligan
a BMW race car?

Koons-and-his-BMW-Art-Car.jpg

As the only person who seemed to appreciate the Paul Smith bikes I felt obligated to bring this to you. The latest in a long series of art cars BMW has produced, this one is the work of an American artist named Jeff Koons.

Look familiar?
paulsmithbikes.jpg

Previous BMW art cars...

warhol_art_car.jpg

calder-art_car.jpg

lichtenstein_art_car.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the BMW art cars were the inspiration for the Paul Smith bikes.

Anyway, this seems to be a topic which needs to be addressed every year, so I'm getting to it before this year ends. No need to thank me, you are very welcome. :)

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
I think the latest version looks the best by far. Less a hodgepodge of body parts from various wrecking yards to finish a damaged car,and more haulin ass but got too close to the road striping crew..

Rhodie

Street Tracker
152570908_rJ86E-XXL.jpg

I always thought Keith Haring amusing whatever he was up to in his private life.

152570932_nMA7p-XL.jpg

and at least he did the paintwork himself, unlike PS's Bonnies,
which appear to be the effort of interns looking for the maestro's approval.

152570966_9Wmvy-L.jpg

ivar

TT Racer
IMO on those race cars, the wild paint jobs serves a purpose - making the cars stand out when they're passing at warp speeds.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Here... let me help get the latest design going...:piss:

All done. looks just as good as the other bikes.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The left hand bike looks like one a guy wrecked and had to find parts from several Bonnies to fix it and it's waiting to be painted.

I realize bikes are a personal statement. That's why I would never pay bucks to have someone else's take on how a bike should be painted. IMHO Triumph gets it's bikes' paint schemes right the first time around.

Even my Black gets a fond look every time I'm in the garage.

D9

Vendor
Never liked the PS bikes... IMO PS didn't quite understand the context... conversely, the cars pretty much rock, especially #93...