Thruxton Gel Seat on Bonne SE 09

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hi guys I need Your HELP!!

I have a 2009 Bonneville SE Blue and White which I am slowly tricking up CAFE Racer style. Due to arthritis I am getting way too sore on my rides and I would love to put a Thruxton Gel Seat on due to its ability to have a rear sixty8 cowel on. I have also purchased some ace bars and handles etc, and some more billit bling bits. Your help knowledge and advice would be great all the best and I look forward to your input. A prompt reply would be great as I love to ride but I am suffering big time!!!:rock:

Where specifically are you feeling your arthitic pains?

I can tell you that putting on a Thruxton gel seat helped me tons with the butt comfort part. Much better than the OEM seat.

As for ergos the best way to make adjustments is by having adjustable rearsets and experimenting with bars. You might want to get black foam grips if you suffer arthritis on your hands since the grip should also help alleviate vibrations and put less strain on your hands since the grip will be thicker.

Just my $0.02

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Where specifically are you feeling your arthitic pains?

I can tell you that putting on a Thruxton gel seat helped me tons with the butt comfort part. Much better than the OEM seat.

As for ergos the best way to make adjustments is by having adjustable rearsets and experimenting with bars. You might want to get black foam grips if you suffer arthritis on your hands since the grip should also help alleviate vibrations and put less strain on your hands since the grip will be thicker.

Just my $0.02

Thanks mate so the thruxton seat works awsome, I will def look at rearsets what is the best place to get the rear sets, I have ordered some ace type bars from british customs so I can experiment with the positioning. I am only 32 years old and have got Reiters Syndrome from Salmenala same as daniel johns "Silverchair" band. This was via a piece of high end restuarant chicken cost 80 aud for dinner and have spent already about 5000 on doctors etc and have had trouble since. I suffer pain and swelling in my hands, lower back, ankles etc, bone on bone grinding action LOL. I have suffered with it for two years now and it is impacting on my riding time after two hours with breaks I am in real trouble and this sucks cos I luv it so much! Thanks heaps for your reply Ben Dickens

Last edited:
check out www.newbonneville.com for most if not all your Bonneville accesorry needs

If I recall correctly the best in terms of adjustability is LSLs. I could be wrong though.

If the Thruxton gel seat isn't good, then you can try the King and Queen seat. That is very plush and comfy. If all else fails, you'll need to go custom

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Again, i guess I'm in the minority but I believe a sheepskin cover of some sort would help the most, but it's ascetics suck.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Again, i guess I'm in the minority but I believe a sheepskin cover of some sort would help the most, but it's ascetics suck.

I agree but I hate the look of them too so I would rather suffer than have to look at that but thanks for your advice:rockon:

sportyone

Street Tracker
I agree but I hate the look of them too so I would rather suffer than have to look at that but thanks for your advice:rockon:

Hey Ben,
you have seen fotos of my bike & a gel seat is the way to go, you don't need to go as far as rear sets IMHO, but see how the seat is first. I went for the new thruxton mini bars rather than ace bars, all good for looks and comfort.
you need to watch the lower bars don't put more pressure on your wrists etc though.

cheers

Attachments

• DSCN0227A.jpg
    DSCN0227A.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hey Ben,
you have seen fotos of my bike & a gel seat is the way to go, you don't need to go as far as rear sets IMHO, but see how the seat is first. I went for the new thruxton mini bars rather than ace bars, all good for looks and comfort.
you need to watch the lower bars don't put more pressure on your wrists etc though.

cheers

Just obtained a thrux gel seat and a rear cowel should have them this week so I will let you know how I go. Dam your bike looks sweet very nice job, I am going for the Cafe Racer look with the lower bars and stuff I will post some pics etc. Ride safe and have fun and thanks to all who have contributed to my messages.....

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Thruxton Gel Seat NON EFI Type

:headbang2:
If you are buying a pre-owned gel seat make sure it's from an EFI bike.

It doesn't have to be an EFI as there is a internal gap / return to allow for the electric gizmo's. Thruxton seat has arrived and is fitted what a massive difference should have done this when I got the bike. Thank you all for your help knowledge and assistance

sportyone

Street Tracker
:headbang2:

It doesn't have to be an EFI as there is a internal gap / return to allow for the electric gizmo's. Thruxton seat has arrived and is fitted what a massive difference should have done this when I got the bike. Thank you all for your help knowledge and assistance

yeah, told you Ben that was the way to go, :headbang2:

austat2

Scooter
i just got a thruxton gel seat off the missus for my birthday i wish i hadda got it before my 9 day ride.