Samuel Adams Winter Lager

tchef

Scooter
I use Sam Adams products at my restaurant.Great sellers! I started with summer ale, then octoberfest, now winter ale.I go through 4-5 kegs a week.I don't drink so I have to rely on customer feedback.The Sam products outsell all the other taps...must be good stuff!:cheer:

I have a kegerator in my shed, I used to do a barrel every two/three weeks, with a little help of course. It got to the point for me where I was drinking 5-8 pints a day, tough to keep the little woman happy when your focused on that next pint. needless to say I only buy kegs now for special occasions etc... kindof a waste I know. My buddy has one also and he only buys shitty beer to keep himself in check. for me... its all or nothing. sammy is always an excellent choice for the weekend enthusiast.

AceT100

Rocker
I use Sam Adams products at my restaurant.Great sellers! I started with summer ale, then octoberfest, now winter ale.I go through 4-5 kegs a week.I don't drink so I have to rely on customer feedback.The Sam products outsell all the other taps...must be good stuff!:cheer:

Sam Adams sells itself almost....If I'm somewhere its sold, its a no brainer

neuroboy

750cc
tonight, and last night, I've been sipping on some ESB Longhammer IPA. Man, I love IPAs, and this is a good one.

best ipa imho is the dogfish head 60 or 90 min ipa. it's grrrreeeaaat!

and, for the record, sam adams is now "officially" this country's larger brewer. what with bud, miller, and coors all being owned by interests overseas now.

Kframe

Street Tracker
Can you guys buy Summit in your neck of the woods, or is it just a MN thing?
Damn good beer I say!
Summit_Extra_Pale_Ale1-resized200.jpg

:cheers:
-K

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Ah, the shiner seasonal beer just came out. Shiner Cheer. I love this beer. Its a bit odd a dark wheat beer with pecan and peach essence. Wonderful, malty, spicy sweet, beer.

mark66

TT Racer
Isn't beer great!! There's no end to the ammount of "tasting" you can do to find just the right one. :beer:

Gretsch

Rocker
Uhhhhhhhhh... I wish I could drink a beer right now. It's been ~2 months (or more) since the crash. The pain meds would make it a REALLY bad idea to drink.

On a side note I just don't get recreational use of pharmaceuticals. This shit takes the pain away but it also:

1) makes me feel foggy
2) constipates you
3) upsets the stomach

I can't wait to get off this crap.

six by six

Two Stroke
Arrogant Bastard Ale is great!!!!!
I had it a couple of years ago when I was hiking in Kalifornia. Last week, I saw it for the first time in a package store here in Athens, $14.99 for a six pack. I didn't remember it being that expensive in the republic. Arrogant Bastard is definitely one of the tastier beers I tried.

Arrogant Bastard, made by the good ole boys at Stone Brewery in Escondido, CA. Only 15 miles from my house. They don't make any pissy lager and their lightest stuff is Pale Ale. The food is hoity and expensive but the beers are reasonably priced. Definitely worth a road trip and the bring shekels for the gift shop!

niftee

Scooter
You guys are so lucky to have such an active craft brew scene. Here in Australia it is starting to take off, but with such great distances and so few people, it's hard to maintain. There are some very nice beers around, but unfortunately they are not always available.

Some bottle shops over here are starting to stock some American craft beers, but I don't think we will ever see beers like the arrogant bastard.

wishing I was there -

niftee

ps - I do all grain home brew. I try to emulate some of these great beers and they do taste great, but not having tried the original, I'm still guessing.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Arrogant... well... you know ;)

First time I heard of Arrogant Bastard was at holiday party about five years ago, at which a business associate of mine presented a bottle of AB to another associate - to let the guy know what his opinion was. :rocket: .

I thought the label was cool, and found it at a local bottle shop (in the SF bay area). Expensive, yes... but a very satisfying brew. Excellent post!

kdlutes

Scooter
I've got pint glasses with the Arrogant Bastard slogan:

"Fizzy Yellow Beer is For Wussies"

That's also how I order beer when I visit a new place.

Waitress: "Can I get you a beer?"

Me: "What have you got on tap that isn't fizzy and yellow?"

six by six

Two Stroke
Stone IPA

The folks that make Arrogant Bastard also make Ruination IPA. A seriously hoppy IPA. Their Pale Ale is one of my favorites of all time. If you are ever in Escondido stop by. Expensive food but a truly massive beer list. And an incredible atmosphere. They spared no expense in building their place with rock and stone everywhere. And you can see into the brewery through the huge glass wall. I am truly blessed to have Arrogant Bastard on tap at a lot of my local bars.:beer: Say what you want about Southern California but we have BEER!