How to raise my Bonneville

Ninja K

Two Stroke
I've got quite long legs and I'm wondering if there's anyway to raise up my bonnie.. Will adjusting the shocks do it or are there aftermarket shocks that will give it a bit if rise?

begenius

Scooter
yes Nintja K you can change for a pair of Thruxton rear shoks.are a few mm longer
you can gain a raise of 4 cm 360mm thruxton 320mm Bonnie.Another option is use of amore thick seat like these from www.bartonbikebits.com They have an option for bonnie seat .I think you gain another 2cm from seat so total 6 cm gain from seat and rear shoks.

Eugene

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
NinjaK,

I am 6'-3" and I put thrux length shocks on the back and really enjoyed the bike being a little higher. It wasn't quite as stable at high speed though.

ivar

TT Racer
a quick & dirty fix is to swap the left + right footpegs. This'll give ~1" more leg room.

Looks a lttle funky though with the feeler pegs now facing forward, so I unscrewed mine

Ninja K

Two Stroke
NinjaK,

I am 6'-3" and I put thrux length shocks on the back and really enjoyed the bike being a little higher. It wasn't quite as stable at high speed though.

6'3" wow! Sometimes I feel small on My bonnie at 6'0" but I guess not!

a quick & dirty fix is to swap the left + right footpegs. This'll give ~1" more leg room.

Looks a lttle funky though with the feeler pegs now facing forward, so I unscrewed mine

Hrmm.. I'll have to look into that.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
As a mesomorph who has thrux length shox and intimidators in the forks, my bike is fairly tall and I don't stand flat footed on the bike anymore, but those suspension pieces make for handling better and the point is to ride and not sit at stoplights.. Ammi right?

And Ivar's idea of swapping pegs. It's genius!

Ninja K

Two Stroke
As a mesomorph who has thrux length shox and intimidators in the forks, my bike is fairly tall and I don't stand flat footed on the bike anymore, but those suspension pieces make for handling better and the point is to ride and not sit at stoplights.. Ammi right?

ahh man, it's not for looking cool? haha Yeah of course, I plan on lowering the pegs a bit and or getting rear sets as well.

ivar

TT Racer

Can't claim the credit for that idea, but gladly keeping it alive.
Its genius in its simplicity, ease of doing, low cost(free!) and reversability

BTW, also got intiminators + thrux length shocks,very happy with both.