GF gets herself a new bike (pics)

evil knievel

Scooter
nice mini bike.

That bike looks like Teds bike. He"s got a really old one called a Rup..I think. And it still runs. We all road it...bumpy and fun. Yours is very nice.

Bonafide

NBR founder
That bike looks like Teds bike. He"s got a really old one called a Rup..I think. And it still runs. We all road it...bumpy and fun. Yours is very nice.

This one is restored - using a Chinese-knock-off of a Honda motor. It's either a Rupp or Ruttman - both were made in the Detroit, MI area .. and they pretty much all look the same to me.

rodburner

Rocker
They ARE all pretty much the same.My brother and I each had one as kids.3-1/2hp Tecumseh motors, The only real "different" mini bike of the day was the 2 wheel drive Rokon Trailbreaker.

Bonafide

NBR founder
They ARE all pretty much the same.My brother and I each had one as kids.3-1/2hp Tecumseh motors, The only real "different" mini bike of the day was the 2 wheel drive Rokon Trailbreaker.

a Taco Frijole is pretty to recognize. It has a single backbone design. There's odd mid 90s one for sale here local. Its tiny compared to mine - called a Micro Zipper. Has a 2 stroke 22cc motor.

If anyone is interested in getting into old mini-bikes, you might want to start at http://www.oldminibikes.com