Votes: 23 31.1%
  • I can take my bonnie or leave my Bonnie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waiting for something better to come along, sorry

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Been reading the posts about the new bikes out there, W800, Norton, Ducati Davida, Triumph's new Tigers..

So help me there's still nothing out there that I would want over my Bonnie. The fun factor is still waay up on my scale and I guess that's why I ride. It goes good enough, handles good enough (though I did invest in suspension bits) and looks good every time I step out in the garage.

I'll have this bike forever, however want other bikes as well.

The new dayton a I'm getting next summer, and i want a ducati at some point.

koifarm

Hooligan
Personally I've tried a lot of bikes, owned rice burners and Harleys but always gravitated back to the Triumphs.
I'm thinking I had one in a past life or something, there is an indefinable joy when I ride them, more so than any other bike i've ever ridden.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
I can't argue there aren't better bikes out there, and I may have others...but this is one will always have a place in my garage.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I reckon I'll never get rid of my thrux. She'll eventually be the hot rodded beast i want her to be and as I acquire other bikes become more of a show and fun piece that still gets thrashed around for fun on perfect days

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Although I am keeping my Bonneville, of course I lust after other bikes. With saddlebags the Bonneville is a pretty good "all arounder" looks and sounds good and holds a line in a curve with confidence. The Bonny is paid for, gives me lot of smiles and no troubles and I have no reason to sell her

But the Adventure Bike or "tall arounder" has me wondering if maybe thats the best of all possible worlds. I find myself looking at beemers all the time and was pretty set on getting one. Now, I don't know - but the Tiger is maybe a bit more in the spirit of the original Scram. Right now my riding is a combination of errands, commuting and sunday rides in the mountains. The ADV guys and the BMW boys are always organizing dirt riding in the Catskills and Berkshires. With the Tiger I am thinking I could blast up there 80 mph in an hour or two and do some of those dirt road rides and still lose nothing on street ability. Luckily, I can probably afford it without selling the Bonneville.

DandyDoug

750cc
I made the decision to sell off my other bikes and keep just my Bonneville. I bought a trailer to haul it on for those trips that are just a bit too far for this old man to ride to comfortably.
The Bonneville is just the right size , weight, and power for me. I will continue to mod it when the mood strikes or some other cool farkle gets my attention.

My mum used to pillion on Triumphs & BSAs in the 50's in London and when she died from cancer 3 years ago, she left me a little bit of cash and I bought the Bonnie with it.

It's my sixth Triumph in 30 years, but the only one with "Mum's Bonnie" scribed on the tank. It's a 100% keeper.

Cheers,

Pikey.

My first ride on a "real"motorcycle was a 500cc Triumph twin. Loved the thrill of it and have been riding for 50 years. My new 2008 Bonnie has the goodpoints of the older Bonnie and so far none of the bad ones.

I guess I'd have to say it's like a time machine, every time I ride it, I feel 15 years old again.

There is nothing on the market today that would even come close to giveing me that feeling of youth.

KingBear

Hooligan
Sometimes I still walk out to the garage just to look at her. She makes me happy. When the time comes and I'm unable to ride I'll either pass her on to one of my kids or set her up on display in my man cave, maybe even elevated behind a bar or something, all lit up.

T-boy

Rocker
Sometimes I still walk out to the garage just to look at her. She makes me happy.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that does that. I still have the same feeling of awe now that I had when I first saw her on the showroom floor.

AceT100

Rocker
I used to have a Monster.....and every time I walked past it, I has to stroke the tank, there's something about a Monster tank....

I do the same with the Bonnie now...

koifarm

Hooligan
Bobbers

Sometimes I still walk out to the garage just to look at her. She makes me happy. When the time comes and I'm unable to ride I'll either pass her on to one of my kids or set her up on display in my man cave, maybe even elevated behind a bar or something, all lit up.

Good thought KingBear, you could put her up there next to your first two wives....:lol: