head lamp

Pokeyjoe

Scooter
Yes. The mounting ears on the bike will rotate outwards to accommodate the larger headlamp assembly. Shouldn't have any problems at all.

DIRK

750cc
if you are going to the trouble to swap shells you may wish to also update the blub to a higher output piaa 100/110. been running them for a long time with no issues and the lamp is much whiter for night time

tdipalma

Scooter
Are you running an aftermarket shell or did you purchase an actual Bonnie unit? I've wanted to swap mine as well.

Me too! I don't understand why the scram is equipped with the puny bulb, it just doesn't look right. This is one mod I plan to make soon.

tdipalma

Scooter
Custom Headlight

custom headlight.jpg
custom headlight 2.jpg

Stock headlight exchanged for a 7" unit.
Main issue is dealing with all the wiring. The custom shell has a much smaller entry point than stock

Last edited:

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
Looks like a Lucas-style replacement off eBay. I've got one, but in black. You have to enlarge the hole in the bottom to get the R/R connector into the shell.

tdipalma

Scooter
Here are the details around the light & bucket. the bucket is available at Cafe Race Inc. and is available in chrome or black.
66-65066 Classic 7 inch Round Cafe Racer Headlamp 1
> $49.95 $49.95
> Ed West Klingman
> CafeRace, Inc
> [email protected]

The headlight was from J&P Cycles
310-550 1 1 99.99 WILL SHIP
7 PIE CUT W TRI BAR BL DOT

Last edited:

Ro.nin

moped
Here are the details around the light & bucket. the bucket is available at Cafe Race Inc. and is available in chrome or black.
66-65066 Classic 7 inch Round Cafe Racer Headlamp 1
> $49.95 $49.95
> Ed West Klingman
> CafeRace, Inc
> [email protected]

The headlight was from J&P Cycles
310-550 1 1 99.99 WILL SHIP
7 PIE CUT W TRI BAR BL DOT

How much modding/splicing did you have to do? Stock wiring fit?
Looks awesome!

tdipalma

Scooter
How much modding/splicing did you have to do? Stock wiring fit?
Looks awesome!

the access hole at the back of the bucket is quite small and will not accomodate all wiring. Factory connections are in place and I simply left 3main connections behind the housing (you can't really tell unless your poking around). I originally tried to relocate some wiring but the harnesses are to short to do much good (unless you start cutting things).

9mmMike

Scooter
Has anyone swapped the 7" T100 headlight to the Scrambler? Is it plug and play? I cannot find any pics or information on ADV, the Rat forum or here.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Has anyone swapped the 7" T100 headlight to the Scrambler? Is it plug and play? I cannot find any pics or information on ADV, the Rat forum or here.

Here's the Bonnie light on a Scrambler.
Marcus-18-LR-S.jpg

Along with the Wunderlich running lights they make the perfect "light triangle".
Fitting did not appear to much of a problem though we had to fab up some brackets for the grill.
Also added a headlight off switch due to local SEA laws.

Looks like a Lucas-style replacement off eBay. I've got one, but in black. You have to enlarge the hole in the bottom to get the R/R connector into the shell.

What part # Lucas replacement?( EMGO?) All the one's I can find on ebay have extra holes for on off switches indicator lights etc.Thanks.