Hardtail T100

Kirkus51

Hooligan
A buddy of mine sent this pic to me and I was wondering if the builder used a kit or was it freestyle?

Attachments

• Triumph hardtail.jpg
    Triumph hardtail.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1

rodburner

Rocker
Its a kit,Kirk. You can see the bolts in the rear down tubes,where the "bolt on hardtail" is mounted.It looks like one of those that started shit raining down on the forum a couple months ago.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Yeah doesn't look that great. . I never understood the point of doing that to a Bonnie.. Just get a Harley.

Bonniebret

Rocker
It's a bolt-on kit from British Customs. LC Fabrications has a weld-on that's much better. I don't have a problem at with making a hard tail out of a Bonnie if it's done right. The one in that pic is having a serious identity crisis. It looks like no thought went into it.

Last edited:

Easy13

Street Tracker
I like it in a Ratbike-Lowrider-Suburban Badass-sorta way. A full kit to do the job in-house, retaining passenger pegs and muffler mounts. Admittedly, it's not a true hardtail until the swingarm's gone, and fine-tuning by the owner is implicit here and perhaps lacking by this particular guy, but it's his bike, his bucks. Having owned several hardtails over the years, they're a different animal and really fun to ride (short-range, anyway). It aint for me anymore, but if it works and a weekend wrencher can get it done, s'cool.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Yeah pretty fugly, sorry. Front half of a classic standard and back half of a hackjob.

AceT100

Rocker
There is a replacement frame on the market for our bikes that replaces the stock one and that's a hardtail. Looks a lot better than.....that!!

In 1946 Triumph sorted that problem out with the sprung hub, now your mate is trying to undo 64 years of development? I have a lot to say about wankers but not tonight.