Asheville, NC

Going there next weekend. Been there many times over the years, my wife is from there. First time taking a bike. Looking forward to all the great roads. May ride out to the Dragon, about 100 miles, just to say I rode it, but may not bother there are so many super roads all over that area.
Try to send some picture from there.
Thanks.

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Should be fun unless the leaves are changing big time, then it becomes a huge snarl of traffic and motels are difficult to find vacancies in.
You didn't mention where you were going around Asheville but don't miss Saturday nights downtown "Pickin on the Green" some incredible music going on there. Also a must see is the Southern Highland Handicrafts shop down town, lots of great hand made crafts suitable for gifts for the folks back home.
I lived there for about six years back in the seventies, beautiful place. Some great rides around there for sure.

simpson

TT Racer
Great riding up there...but as Koifarm pointed out, watch out for the leaf-lookers! They're slow, inattentive beasts.

Enjoy!

-simpson

We are staying with some friends at Black Mountain just east of Asheville. Be riding during the week so maybe the traffic won't be as busy.

koifarm

Hooligan
Black Mountain is great ! close to Hendersonville and convenient to Asheville and the whole eastern side of things, Blue ridge Parkway is close as well. Have a great vacation....

DIRK

750cc
you are not really planning on towing with the cover on are ya? i have seen the results of such a venture. not nice at all.

+ 1 on that, you will absolutely have problems if you tow with a cover on the bikes.:(

700 miles @ 65mph= no scuffs/no rock chips. Where/why do you guys come up with these ignorant comments? Keep it to yourself. I made this post to share my experience, not for your opinions. Opinions are like rectums everyone has one but no one wants to see it.

koifarm

Hooligan
covers

700 miles @ 65mph= no scuffs/no rock chips. Where/why do you guys come up with these ignorant comments? Keep it to yourself. I made this post to share my experience, not for your opinions. Opinions are like rectums everyone has one but no one wants to see it.

My goodness, aren't you lucky. Why do we come up with these "Ignorant" comments? Maybe it's because we've had experience doing this and have had a problem with our own bikes.
I take offense to your ignorant comments my friend, and I can add that this forum is to share experiences and hopefully prevent someone from doing damage to his or her bikes. If you want to make a post and would prefer that we not answer it, then don't post it !
Aside from all that your final sentence says pretty much everything we need to know about your postings but I'd like to add that your statement well applies to your own posts, if you don't want to see what everyone else has to say, then go somewhere else with your attitude !:stfu:

TonUp

Street Tracker
We are staying with some friends at Black Mountain just east of Asheville. Be riding during the week so maybe the traffic won't be as busy.

That is Route 9 correct? Awesome twisty road! Try 12 Bones BBQ in Asheville and PAPAS & BEER great food!

Cheers!

Ton Up

That is Route 9 correct? Awesome twisty road! Try 12 Bones BBQ in Asheville and PAPAS & BEER great food!

Cheers!

Ton Up

Ya, thanks. Some friends here said go out of Black Mountian south on Route 9 to 74 and back to Asheville was a good route. Going to the Triumph dealer to show off my bike. Going to ask them what routes they know of. Weather not so good but can't do anything about that.
Thanks again.

Sorry for the rant. Bothers me who I insulted. I am overly sensitive. Realize you were just trying to help but took it wrong as your comments being critical. Did get a couple rubs from bungie cords holding cover from flapping.
Again Sorry.

koifarm

Hooligan
Noted

Sorry for the rant. Bothers me who I insulted. I am overly sensitive. Realize you were just trying to help but took it wrong as your comments being critical. Did get a couple rubs from bungie cords holding cover from flapping.
Again Sorry.

Thanks Bonnieblktrk, figured you must have had a bad day or sumthin....
Apology accepted, no biggie.......:rockon:

ashwinc

moped
The roads around the Smoky mountains are just stellar !
Been riding around that area almost every weekend for few weeks now.

Just got back from the Dragon (US 129) ! First time on it ! loved it so much , rode it twice that day and took Moonshiner 28 back to Asheville.

The Fall colors are at their very best this time of the year. Feels like riding in a painting :)

Just got back from the mountains. Pics to follow. Need left side turn signals, maybe one of you guys that changed to led. Did the curves fine and prudent to my skill level, even a little semi-kneedragging. Tried to turn around in someones driveway, slope to inside of my turn, big mistake. Stopped and just leaned too far to hold her up. Leg too short. Karma from a previous post I think.

simpson

TT Racer
I believe I still have my stock ones. I will check tomorrow when I get home.

If I do, you can have them for the cost of shipping.

-simpson