Last Track Day of the Year

loxpump

Rocker
A few pics from last Sunday's Track Day. I'm sure D9 will be posting some of him. Weather was absolutely perfect an the bikes ran great. I think we did pretty good keeping up with the sport bike guys. Takes more than HP to get you around the track and through the turns the quickest.

track10103.jpg

track10102.jpg

track10101.jpg

mark66

TT Racer
Great pics man........looks like you were certainly holding your own.

Can I ask where you got your headers from......I'm thinking of going that route too. I saw them through B.C. but can't find them anywhere else.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Bitchin, I can't wait to get out to the track this sunday. You have some killer shots! I think i might be needin ta take a roadtrip next year and hit the track with y'all!

loxpump

Rocker
Great pics man........looks like you were certainly holding your own.

Can I ask where you got your headers from......I'm thinking of going that route too. I saw them through B.C. but can't find them anywhere else.

Mark, the headers are my stock pipes. I just had them ceramic coated. The mufflers I got off E-Bay, they're the old Bonneville mufflers, straight through and pretty loud. Just need the adapter pipe since they don't have the bend in them like our stock mufflers.

loxpump

Rocker
Bitchin, I can't wait to get out to the track this sunday. You have some killer shots! I think i might be needin ta take a roadtrip next year and hit the track with y'all!

Matt, that would be great, but the future of our local track is in question. It's for sale and may not even be open next year. It also has a drag strip, and an oval. The 1.6 mile road course we run on is on the inside of the oval except for two places where we use part of it. They usually have a NHRA drag Race and a Busch Series race but neither of those races are scheduled for next year which is bad news. There are other tracks but none 30 minutes away.

Great pics and it looks like you were really cranking her! You're making me jealous as I used to do track days before I left the UK 5+ years ago. Now my nearest decent circuit is 900km away so I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through your pics ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

mark66

TT Racer
Mark, the headers are my stock pipes. I just had them ceramic coated. The mufflers I got off E-Bay, they're the old Bonneville mufflers, straight through and pretty loud. Just need the adapter pipe since they don't have the bend in them like our stock mufflers.

Thanks.......I thought that might be the case with your headers. I found a place near me yesterday and I'll probably do it this winter.

loxpump

Rocker
Thanks.......I thought that might be the case with your headers. I found a place near me yesterday and I'll probably do it this winter.

I think I paid about $90.00 for both pipes and adapter pipe. I also removed the crossover pipe before having them coated.

D9

Vendor
Sal... the sport bikes leave us behind on the straightaway... no surprise... other
than that though, the bonnies can hold their own surprisingly well... depends mostly on
the skill of the individual riders, as ever. Handling on my bike usually seems forgiving and predictable - coming out of a corner, the torque comes on right where I need it... no stats, but infield cornering speeds are probably comparable.
I don't think I'm getting past the low to mid 90's on the straight at Gateway... the sportbikes are probably hitting 130 +. More power would be fun, but the sport bikes would be pulling away just a little bit slower, that's all :motorbike2:

loxpump

Rocker
By the time I hit the end of the straight away into turn #1 I'm doing about 6000-6200 rpm's in 5th. More power would be fun and be handy to have at times, but I think I would have to kind of relearn how to ride this track. More power doesn't do you any good if you don't use it right, especially at the right time. I know a better rider could take my bike and have a better lap time. As nice as it is to have an open track with no traffic in front of me, it's also fun to have a few slower bikes in front and try to pick a way to get around them. In the Novice class I'm in they limit you to passing on the outside only, which at times makes it even harder to get that opportunity to pass.

D9

Vendor
I know a better rider could take my bike and have a better lap time.

Same way... I'm don't think I'm even approaching 7/10ths at this point... and probably won't. Nothing to prove, just out there having fun on a fun bike... biggest concern is
probably being rammed by a newbie on a fast bike unable to slow down fast enough, or someone in front of me taking a whack line and me having to
go down or go off to avoid a collision... gotta kinda watch and get used to the new folks
every session, give yourself and others extra space.

Another thing... looking at the level of compression on my front forks... maybe need to look at some kind of upgrade from the progressive springs I'm currently running... bike doesn't feel bad at all, but front suspension sure looks close to being maxed out...

trackday10_10_10LR1.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Don't think this Guzzi can lean a whole lot more, LOL... shot from Intermediate class, one step up from street novice... don't often see a Guzzi cylinder head tilted past vertical... if he's not dragging parts, he's about to... some nice riding regardless & some serious lean angle with a stock Guzzi :D

Guzzileaning1.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Fun as all get out! ...#51 passed me but he had to work a little harder this time around :D
Really worked on body position... finally got my head, hands & feet working together better... toes up on the pegs, no more
toe dragging... just takes practice and that's what the day is good for!

88_51_1.jpg

88_51_2.jpg

88_51_3.jpg

Last edited:

loxpump

Rocker
Fun as all get out! ...#51 passed me but he had to work a little harder this time around :D
Really worked on body position... finally got my head, hands & feet working together better... toes up on the pegs, no more
toe dragging... just takes practice and that's what the day is good for. Will post some more pics in the sequence later on...

88_51_1.jpg

88_51_2.jpg

It makes me feel better if I can blame it on that damn outside only passing rule we have in Novice.