Shinko 705's

nohawk

Rocker
bikenbirthday015.jpg

bikenbirthday021.jpg

Dont know what to expect from a 150$ set of tires but Ill try em out this weekend. They look burley. I should really wash this bastard soon too.

northcountry

Two Stroke
705s

I've put about 2000 mi on the 705s the and AAA. Good for the gravel-logging roads we have around here and pavement. Advrider has a long post-thread on these. Think I paid a little over $100 for the set.

Easy13

Street Tracker
Here's hoping they work on the road, Nohawk, they sure look badass on your scoot. With the cocktail shakers, fenders and the Lowbrow Weirdo sticker, that bike's gotta be the terror of Longview(and probably Shreveport as well).

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I sure like the way those tires look. Keep us informed on how they behave on road and how they seem to hold up as the mileage adds up.
Longview huh, lucky rascal, I went to HS in White Oak and sure miss the area. Got a few deputy friends on Greg County Sheriff Dept. Might be able to help you out if you ever get caught having too much fun!

nohawk

Rocker
I sure like the way those tires look. Keep us informed on how they behave on road and how they seem to hold up as the mileage adds up.
Longview huh, lucky rascal, I went to HS in White Oak and sure miss the area. Got a few deputy friends on Greg County Sheriff Dept. Might be able to help you out if you ever get caught having too much fun!

Longview for the last 3yrs or so..via Houston, its not too bad I guess. Most everyone Ive met here have been good folks. The weather has been great here lately and had pretty good ride today. Most of the POlice seem to look past the legalities unless your acting really dumb. I did about 80 miles without ever getting too far out of town today and the cheapo Shinkos were feeling pretty sure-footed even over loose stuff like spots of sand in the fairgrounds parking lot
1287250119.jpg

1287251405.jpg

nohawk

Rocker
Thank Easy13,people around here dont really know what to make of this thing. These tires seem to stick pretty well on the pavement, Ive run these dual sport type tires before like the anakees,distanzas,tourance and the tkc80 on my old KLR and these shinkos feel alot like the tkc80s, kinda rough and lumpy at lower speeds but real stable at higher speeds. I could see these tires being perfect for bikes like the BMW f800gs and KLR650, good choice for the scrambler too if they last long.
Northcountry, what pressures are you running?

nohawk

Rocker
Sweat ! Whats up this weekend ?
The Harvest Classic in Luckenbach. Im stoked about it but I need to do something about this seat on my bike, this wknd was the first time I rode it since screwing my back up last month. I did only like 130 miles Sat. and Sunday and I wasnt worth a shit today. Good shocks would probably help alot but no dollars for that right now. Any good advice on re-padding and re covering would be cool. Moses you should go if you can. Sweat I may end up trailering to Austin and riding from there.

When are you coming to Austin? I'm leaving here Friday morning sometime and heading to Luckenbach. I'm staying at a motel in Kerrville Friday and Saturday night.

If you need a place to park your trailer/truck you can park 'em in front of my place.

the weather forecast is calling for rain Fri-Sunday. I might cancel my hotel reservations and just ride down from Austin each day. I'll decide by Wednesday depending on the weather reports.

northcountry

Two Stroke
pressure

Thank Easy13,people around here dont really know what to make of this thing. These tires seem to stick pretty well on the pavement, Ive run these dual sport type tires before like the anakees,distanzas,tourance and the tkc80 on my old KLR and these shinkos feel alot like the tkc80s, kinda rough and lumpy at lower speeds but real stable at higher speeds. I could see these tires being perfect for bikes like the BMW f800gs and KLR650, good choice for the scrambler too if they last long.
Northcountry, what pressures are you running?

I'm running 34-32 for the combo gravel and pavement, and 36-34 if all pavement. Think you'll find the rough-lumpy will smooth out.

MOSES

750cc
Damn I wish I could go ! I thought you might be heading up here for the weekend.
I've got to work Friday and Sat night in Garland :( Cant pass up the $$

Seriously Thinking about those Shinko's !! So CHEAP !! I wish I could find more reviews

em_dot

Street Tracker
The 705s are interesting. Looks like there is a front/rear radial option that may work for our Bonnies. I can't find a spec chart to determine if the 150/70R17 can be mounted on the 3.5" rear rim. It may require a 4" rim.

I really don't like the idea of a 150 rear. I'd prefer a 140. Dunlop 607s might be my next set of tires if I can't source Avon Azaro-STs.

I am having good luck with my Azaros in sizes; 110/80R19 front and 140/80ZR17 rear.

Dunlop link: http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=83