Good riding weather these days....

koifarm

Hooligan
Finally it looks like fall has fell, we're in a great weather pattern with warm sunny days and cool nights...max of 85 days and in the mid 50's at night....cool mornings make for some excellent riding, current forecasts predict the same for the next 15 days or so.
Consequently I got in a nice ride yesterday and today, a couple of nice long 150+ mile rides...
Funny thing, there is a certain road out my way that bikers frequent, it's CR-13 and runs along the St. Johns river, weekends can find a ton of bikes out there cruising up and down. I was relating the ride to my wife tonight, and she laughed, seems she overheard a couple of locals visiting the local attraction she works at (Fountain of Youth) talking about how damn noisy it was along the river on the weekends..They were grumbling about how many of " those noisy bike gangs" were running up and down the road and how they didn't have any peace and quiet any more...it's not uncommon to see packs of 20-30 riders on weekends and lots of them.
Gotta be the Harleys....:lol3: Next thing you know the cops will be out there road blocking the place and doing noise checks....

mark66

TT Racer
Sounds nice, up here it's been raining or just plain wet for the past 4 days. Finally suppose to be nice starting tomorrow and this weekend.

slowgator

750cc
I discovered CR-13 last year and now make it a regular venue... one of the prettiest rides I've found in Florida; no wonder it's a popular destination for bikers!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
The weather here has been perfect for riding. I usually get 2 days off a week, but of course not the past 2 weeks. Its been a 14 day ordeal everyday in nice weather i have to work the entire daylight time. Sucks.

Bonniebret

Rocker
We've finally gone from triple digits to upper 80's to mid 90's. That may still seem hot but it's a noticeable difference. The nights have been in the mid to upper 60's. Almost long sleeve time.

loxpump

Rocker
Low in the 50's and high 70's to low 80's and sunny here. Track Day Sunday and weather is suppose to be just as good.

mark66

TT Racer
Now we've got the perfect riding weather. No clouds, deep blue sky, and temps around 70 in the afternoon. About 50 in the early morning. It's goin to be a great weekend.:ride:

koifarm

Hooligan
Slowgator

I discovered CR-13 last year and now make it a regular venue... one of the prettiest rides I've found in Florida; no wonder it's a popular destination for bikers!

Hey Slowgator, next time you're headed over this way give me a heads up via email, maybe we could meet and share a cold beverage and ride a bit....

It looks like prime weather is happening all over the place....it's about damn time!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I had one of those rare epic riding days that make you remember why you love it. Rode to work this morning in 45 degrees but was rewarded with a 70 degrees by lunch time - I went back and forth between 3 job sites, through the mountains, along the river and through the city. Rode hard but careful and everywhere I went people were celebrating the excellent weather.

GEDC2081.jpg

From the hill behind my office you can see the skyline of NYC

GEDC2075.jpg

a typical park road, curving around the face of the mountain
GEDC2083.jpg

Allright, now 10 miles further up the river, obviously at lower elevation, but still pretty high.
GEDC2089.jpg

Last edited:

slowgator

750cc
Hey Slowgator, next time you're headed over this way give me a heads up via email, maybe we could meet and share a cold beverage and ride a bit....

It looks like prime weather is happening all over the place....it's about damn time!

Koi: I am planning a ride over to Biketoberfest on Thursday... wanna meet up and ride over?

koifarm

Hooligan
Biketoberfest

Koi: I am planning a ride over to Biketoberfest on Thursday... wanna meet up and ride over?

Slowgator,
Wish I could but have to work that day....lots of bikes around though, St. Augie is crawling with harleys on trailers and the local Harley shop, just around the corner from my house, is packed with guys buying t-shirts....
Let's do try and get a ride in though, don't give up on me...next time you're coming through let me know.....
Bill

slowgator

750cc
Slowgator,
Wish I could but have to work that day....lots of bikes around though, St. Augie is crawling with harleys on trailers and the local Harley shop, just around the corner from my house, is packed with guys buying t-shirts....
Let's do try and get a ride in though, don't give up on me...next time you're coming through let me know.....
Bill

WORK??? That's a 4 letter word! Sorry you can't make it on Thursday... maybe we can meet at The Oasis one day soon and you can show me some local backroads? Sounds like my schedule is more flexible than yours... let me know when is good for you...Cheers! Pat

mark66

TT Racer
Just got to looking at the pics, Sal. Thanks for postin. I gotta get over your area soon to enjoy those panoramic views of the Hudson.

T-boy

Rocker
Beautiful weather in West Mich...chilly in the a.m., 60's & 70's in the afternoon. Have had this nasty cold for a week, though. Bummer!