The new Speed Triple = facepalm

ivar

TT Racer
My first thought is that its starting to look too much like the jap factory fighters with their gaudy plastic shrouds everywhere

neuroboy

750cc
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

neuroboy

750cc
i see a trend. . . the headlights look very similar to the ones on the forthcoming 800cc dual sport.

triumph-adventure-500x280.jpg

ssjones

750cc
Wow, that doesn't appeal to me at all. Those intake appendages look copied from some of the Japanese streetfighters out there, who were mimicking the original Speed Triple. Same for those angular headlights. The twin round lamps on previous Triples looked so cool and just right. The humpback whale of a tank also looks like a mess to me.

neuroboy

750cc
my friend said he thinks the new headlamps look like a bra. haha.

. . . someone want to exercise some photoshop skills?

What is it these past 5 years or so changing headlight styles on nakeds? I'm talking about the fucking abortions found on stuff like the newer Ducati Monsters, the Kawa ER6N, Suzuki Gladius e.t.c. IMO, these bikes should have round headlights, not something that looks like it's been made out of chocolate then parked by a fireplace.

Cheers,

Pikey.

ivar

TT Racer
I'm talking about the fucking abortions found on stuff like the newer Ducati Monsters, the Kawa ER6N, Suzuki Gladius e.t.c. IMO, these bikes should have round headlights, not something that looks like it's been made out of chocolate then parked by a fireplace.

agree 100%, I think the light on the Z750/Z1000 + the FZ1 were ok. The rest, just butt ugly.

And I can't see the point in changing the iconic S3 design to something more bland...

D9

Vendor
Would've liked to have somehow seen how the redesign developed... what the goals
were..."Iconic" is a good word to keep in mind as the new model is considered.

Re the new headlamps... it's hard to beat the simplicity of a circle... or a pair of well proportioned circles... as the previous two (?) generations of S3 headlamps were. I'm used to seeing those twin round lamps to identify the bike. Not sure I'd have known
what it was if I'd been asked to identify the new one. First thought might have been Buell or something Buell influenced.

My early impression is that it looks what I think of as hyper-designed or over-designed... at least aesthetically, has strayed more than a bit far from its stripped down SF roots & heritage...

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
is Triumph going after the 19-35 years old market and abandoning the grumpy old farts?
I tend to keep my bikes for 30+ years so the new market may be appropriate

Rhodie

Street Tracker
The new version imo is fugging bug ugly, but then I thought that of the MkII.
The original is still the best looking imo - tho the CoG was a pig around town
Speed3RottLR.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
Not my kind of bike but sure is different than the rest of the Triumph line....a few things I don't care for, that white chunk of plastique below the tank...headlights....tail lights...other than that...hmm oh well...