Can you pop a wheelie on a scrambler?

Deano

Two Stroke
Hi guy's, some time ago there was some discussion on if it is possible to do a wheelie on a scrambler, given the weight and lack of wheel spinning power. Has anyone ever seen it done, or know of anyone who has done it. I've never done one on any bike, and was wondering how it is done, and why the scrambler can't. Note - I am not using this to judge the + or - of the scrambler, just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I clutched up a few when I first had my Bonny. Ehh.. did it but it wasn't pretty. I decided I'd rather not change the head bearings and fork seals this year so I stopped.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
On & Off Road
343572025_cqDbQ-S.jpg
343571183_2DBtn-S.jpg

Some video
Scramblin' Escape

343696965_p9Lb8-S.jpg

Last edited:

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I've seen that Scrambling Escape video before. I makes me wonder if this is how it was back in the day when guys like McQueen were racing those big heavy bikes. It gives you a pretty good perspective of what they must have seen back then.

Bonniebret

Rocker
I've seen that Scrambling Escape video before. I makes me wonder if this is how it was back in the day when guys like McQueen were racing those big heavy bikes. It gives you a pretty good perspective of what they must have seen back then.

Their bike were about 80lbs lighter than today's scrambler.

casper

Two Stroke

My 2006 Scrambler is probably 100 lbs heavier than it ought to be and Mc Queen's Triumph was indeed probably about 100 lbs lighter and a bit lower than the present Scrambler's.

If you look on my blog website below you'll see how someone shaved off a lot of weight and improved the beast. I like mine, but I'm not oblivious to its faults!

http://bonnevilles.webs.com/yourscrambler.htm

Casper