What Music Do You Listen to While Riding/Hanging Out?

You're casting a pretty wide net there and I've got too many fish to fill it - depends on the mood from right back to old Led Zep, to right forward to Akon & Black Eyed Peas and all points in between ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Social Distortion
Lucero
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
MU330
Skanken Pickle
BB king
SRV
Brand New
The Wallflowers
Bob Dylan
Iron Maiden
Metallica

And the list goes on and on.

Bonniebret

Rocker
I'm going on a ride next month and I just started putting together my playlist. So far it's...

Suicidal Tendencies
Stan Ridgway
Big Audio Dynamite
Foo Fighters
The Killers
New Order
Joy Division
U2

Skeeter

Rocker
i put my ipod on shuffle, so i get everything from johnny cash to soical distortion to bouncing souls, alkaline trio, creepshow, gaslight anthem, underoath and a lot more punk, psycho-billy and stuff most of you have never heard of

Normally when I ride...nothing...

When I did it listening to hard rock like TOOL, Staind, Metallica, etc...too many times I caught myself going well over the ton without even noticing it

When I did it again, i changed to acid jazz and trip hop like Tricky, Massive Attack, Imogen Heap, Fila Brazilia, etc....and realized I was riding in the zone and aware of things without speeding....so that's what I'll listen to from now on. However I couldn't stand how loud the wind got so I decided to just stick back to good earplugs.

But again, I normally don't listen to anything when I ride.

kdlutes

Scooter
My new favorite riding music - Pandora on an iPhone listening to the Dollyrots channel.

If you're a fan of power-pop/punk sung by cute girls, give it a listen.

motomaniac

Street Tracker
I'm going on a ride next month and I just started putting together my playlist. So far it's...

Suicidal Tendencies
Stan Ridgway
Big Audio Dynamite
Foo Fighters
The Killers
New Order
Joy Division
U2

All favorites of mine! We must be from the same era....

motomaniac

Street Tracker

Same great stuff! I love Cash and Hank Williams....real class acts!

How about this one: When the man comes around...

Arkwright

Two Stroke
When I'm riding, it's mainly Vivaldi, Holst, Mendelssohn and Dvorak... anything classical really except for the Baroque era, not my cup of tea.

cali_rider

Scooter
Rush (the best band, EVER!) I've seen every tour since 1978!
The mighty Led Zep
The Cult
AC/DC
Boston
Linkin Park
P.O.D.
B-52's
Garbage
The Clash

on and on, and on....

ivar

TT Racer
lots of great music mentioned in this thread - right now I'm listening to the band Black Mountain

jhillier71

Street Tracker

Suicidal Tendencies
Stan Ridgway
Big Audio Dynamite
Foo Fighters
The Killers
New Order
Joy Division
U2

S..T.. Suicudal S..T.. Suicidal - man, I need to dig out a few old CDs

Bonniebret

Rocker
S..T.. Suicudal S..T.. Suicidal - man, I need to dig out a few old CDs

They're coming to town but they're also playing with...

The Deftones
All That Remains
Hatebreed
Mushroomhead
Prong
Red Line Chemistry
Digital Summer

and that's just a bit much for my delicate, middle-aged punk sensibilities.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
When I'm riding, it's mainly Vivaldi, Holst, Mendelssohn and Dvorak... anything classical really except for the Baroque era, not my cup of tea.

Good stuff. I prefer Byrd, Gibbons, Schidt, Sweelink, and 20th century choral litrature, but Dvorak is pretty sublime too... not to sound too stuffy, but IMHO music has been all downhill since about 1750. That said I do love Social Distortion, The Black Keys, and Foo Fighters, but the Bach B-minor Mass is better:)