Almost sold my bike/Thought twice

nohawk

Rocker
Thought real hard about meeting a guy in Little Rock and swapping my Bonneville for a clean 98 Sprint with the 885 triple, but got to looking at my disassembled bike and started thinking about it. That sprint is probably worth about 3,000 and even though its probably more practical but it would never be as cool. I was already thinking about how much it would cost to cafe the sprint. I told him that I would do the deal if he brought some dollars to the deal so I could have a down payment for another twin, I keep reminding myself how bummed I was when I sold my old Thruxton.

nohawk

Rocker
I agree. I would feel kinda cheated if I never gave myself more time to afford getting the suspension upgraded,can, big bore,etc... The simplicity of these air cooled twins and the way you can change them up is unbeatable. Even if its expensive

em_dot

Street Tracker
Sprint=not cool

I don't know about that. I'd have one of those new Sprint GTs in my garage a NY second if the funds allowed. In addition to the Bonnie, NOT in lieu of though...

I'll never sell the Bonnie so long as I can ride it.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Damn good thing you didnt sell. Then those leds I'm shipping out to you tomorrow morning would be for dick.

koifarm

Hooligan
Step away from the Bonneville. Give the title to someone you trust and tell them to hide it and no matter what you say keep it hidden.
Go out to your garage and tell the Bonnie you will be keeping her.
Phew! That was a close one.

T-boy

Rocker
Keep the Bonnie...with all the thought and sweat you've put into her, she's got to feel like a part of you.

P.S. Were you liquored up when the swap thought first came to you?

nohawk

Rocker
Damn good thing you didnt sell. Then those leds I'm shipping out to you tomorrow morning would be for dick.

Thanks again dude! Tires should be here later this week and I'll be ready to go. Think you'll make it to the harvest classic?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Thanks again dude! Tires should be here later this week and I'll be ready to go. Think you'll make it to the harvest classic?

I wish but no can do. cant afford to take that much time off work, and have no one here to watch my mutt

drlapo

Hooligan
I have a Thruxton: great bike
but you guys are missing a great experience if you do not ride/own a big triple
I have a 1050 Speed Triple too and the power, handling, brakes, sound are in a different league

nohawk

Rocker
Yeah I have a 02 Daytona thats got a cracked head right now but Ive always wanted a first generation speed triple, the sprint I was considering could be converted to a speed trip pretty easily but I know I should hang on to the Bonnie.

I'll be at the Harvest Classic. I just reserved 2 motel rooms in Kerrville for Friday and Saturday night. I couldn't find anything in Fredericksburg for less than $150 per night, even crappy motels.