Greetings and Well Met

Pokeyjoe

Scooter
Thought I'd drop in and say, "Hi." I'm glad there is an alternate forum with many of the same members.

My motorcycle history is pretty brief. My first:

yamahabroc.jpg

What an absolute POS, but I was 13. I didn't care.

In 68, I got one of these:

kawasaki_bushwacker.jpg

I rode the piss out of that bike, sold it, bought it back and rode it some more.

Then I quit riding. Now, 30 years later, I have an 07 Scrambler. I'm one happy camper.

John

Hedge

American Infidel
I love the part in the add that says it comes with a new type carburetor! Can they be a little vaguer?

Pokeyjoe

Scooter
Thanks, guys. Yeah, that Yamaha was something else. I learned a valuable 2-stroke lesson with it, though. When the throttle is closed at relatively high RPM, like going down a hill, the engine is not getting lubricated. It froze up on me a couple times. I would just pull the spark plug, let it cool down, and start up about 15 minutes later. As a result of those first two bikes, I won't get near any 2-strokes anymore.

Come on Pokey! You know you'd love to have those old bikes back!

I love the part in the add that says it comes with a new type carburetor! Can they be a little vaguer?

It means it's a Mikuni with a enrichener circuit,instead of a Jap copy of an Amal with a tickler.

Reading some of that old ad copy from the sixties is really funny,like:

"With a strong tubular steel cradle frame and supple front and rear suspension (41mm telescopic forks and twin chromed spring preload-adjustable rear shocks) the Scrambler is built tough, to iron out the bumps. Its high, wide handlebars and high-set footpegs further aid control and low-speed manoeuvrability."

Oops! That's modern ad copy from Triumphs website.
(Some things never change)

Cheers!
Bruce