homemade fly screen

ElvisHugo

Banned
I was kinda bored for the past couple of night and it was raing, so I decied to make a fly screen while I'm waiting for my faring. I made it out of lexan , while trying to make a windshield to fit around my head light. I got upset at it while trying to cut out a circle. I cut the circle in half and folded the half together (trying to show it who's boss) . The lexan showd me that it didn't want to break, but it did make a cool cone shape. I heated to two halves together , and it stayed. The fly screen doesn't work to bad! I think it looks kinda cool. Just though I would show you guys. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Thanks for the post elvis....but the pics are sooo small it's hard to see what is going on...any way you could resize them?

Bigger pics would be good.
I also made my own screen (Sort off). In northern Thailand the taxi's are the front half of a bike with basically a two wheel trailer as back end to carry passengers. I bought the screen fittings for one of these for a whole 8 bucks Oz and then bought a screen (again 8 bucks for 2!) from a Fino, which is a small scooter type bike.
Cut the length of taxi fitting to suit and re drilled the Fino screen to match holes. really happy with it actually and it is adjustable in tilt and in height. Height not so much now as I cut down the bar, to the height that suits me.

2156183130100875198S500x500Q85.jpg

2289937620100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

2970662540100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:

phil

Street Tracker
I was kinda bored for the past couple of night and it was raing, so I decied to make a fly screen while I'm waiting for my faring. I made it out of lexan , while trying to make a windshield to fit around my head light. I got upset at it while trying to cut out a circle. I cut the circle in half and folded the half together (trying to show it who's boss) . The lexan showd me that it didn't want to break, but it did make a cool cone shape. I heated to two halves together , and it stayed. The fly screen doesn't work to bad! I think it looks kinda cool. Just though I would show you guys. Thanks for your time.

what the heck !! that my fly screen that I made and my bike.... is this a joke buddy....

phil

Street Tracker
I started this thread on 06-18-2010... not sure how you got my pics and my thread... but yeah..not cool.. you didn't make this fly screen...I did....

I started this thread on 06-18-2010... not sure how you got my pics and my thread... but yeah..not cool.. you didn't make this fly screen...I did....

Wow, time for The Dude to put his stomping boots on if true. Phil, post your pics too but larger as I couldn't make out the ones above either.

Music, good job with e Fino screen & tuk-tuk brace - very resourceful & looks good!

Cheers,

Pikey.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WTF !!!
This is gonna be interesting to follow lol

Music, good job with e Fino screen & tuk-tuk brace - very resourceful & looks good!

Thought you would appreciate. It actually does a good job to.

Its also my bike ;-)

Last edited:

tezza

Street Tracker
Elvis WTF???? Phil, call the copyright lawyers ha ha, credit due where credits due.besides has anyone seen Elvis,s other posts WTF???

mark66

TT Racer
Man I'm all fucked up. Who is who and who made what. This sounds like a case for Holmes and Watson.:chin:

phil

Street Tracker
nope, I am who I say I am. unless that guy elvis has the exact same car, fence and house.. lol.. thanks for your help guys. I'll send the dude a pm and seek his advice..

Bonafide

NBR founder
hmmm ... weird for sure.

First - thanks guys who PMing me and bringing this to my attention.

2nd - this is enough reason for me to boot Elvis from the building, but he's been linking to a parts place in his sig line as well (in other threads/posts). Either way, looks like his presence here has an agenda or ulterior motive.

If he wants to discussing his quick departure, then he can email me through the webmaster contact.