My Name is Earl - Weathering the Storm

KingBear

Hooligan
How did everyone fare this latest hurricane? So far it appears to have had minimal impact on the east coast, and here in the DC area we just got a little overnight shower. Hopefully our friends up in New England and Atlantic Canada will be spared any major damage.

The good news is that the storm is leaving great riding weather in its wake for the long holiday weekend, with highs from the mid-70s to the low-80s. Enjoy!

T-boy

Rocker
Don't know how much, if any, Earl affected our Mich weather, but it rained all day Thursday and it's supposed to rain late Friday and all day Saturday here (according to forecasts). Highs are supposed to peak in the 60's this weekend, after enduring 90 degree days earlier in the week. Glad to hear those of you in the hurricane's path didn't suffer much.

mark66

TT Racer
Here on the coast of Connecticut, right near the mouth of the CT river, its just starting to cloud up. I guess its suppose to skirt us tonight sometime with TS winds and some rain. For right now we're still waiting, but I'm looking forward to this weekend as your right, we're goin' get great weather.

koifarm

Hooligan
Down here in funny Slorida the surf is UP dudes. Beaches crowded with surfers workin the waves and a seriously bad undertow on all beaches warranting a caution at the lifeguard stations and "NO swimming" signs up all over. Two drownings so far....and that's just here in Saint Augustine. Sea's running a six foot swell + in some areas.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Down here in funny Slorida the surf is UP dudes. Beaches crowded with surfers workin the waves and a seriously bad undertow on all beaches warranting a caution at the lifeguard stations and "NO swimming" signs up all over. Two drownings so far....and that's just here in Saint Augustine. Sea's running a six foot swell + in some areas.

"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign." ;)

loxpump

Rocker
Here in the midwest fall seems to be approaching. High in the mid 70's and low in the 50's and sunny. Perfect riding weather but then that means winter, or mod season is approaching.

em_dot

Street Tracker
North Carolina dodged a bullet. As of noon most beaches are open with the exception of Hatteras and Ocracoke islands.

Went to the Pat Benatar/REO Speedwagon concert last night at Koka Booth (a small amphitheater), and not a drop of rain. We had lawn tickets, but were still about 30 yards away from the stage! Concert was WAY better than I thought it would be...

jhillier71

Street Tracker
North Carolina dodged a bullet. As of noon most beaches are open with the exception of Hatteras and Ocracoke islands.

Went to the Pat Benatar/REO Speedwagon concert last night at Koka Booth (a small amphitheater), and not a drop of rain. We had lawn tickets, but were still about 30 yards away from the stage! Concert was WAY better than I thought it would be...

If you "Hit Me with your Best Shot" you better "Take it on the run"...and my Thrux10 runs fast

Rocker

Two Stroke
Hurricane watch in effect here for tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully they are just being cautious, but I have my doubts.

Kframe

Street Tracker
one of my coworkers rented a house on the cape. he txtd me - wind 50 mph, gusts to 100.

Sounds like good kitesurfing!
:eeek:

No, that's suicide.

I do like flying my land power kites in 30+ wind though, I get dragged on my ass across soccer fields. It's awesome.
Dang arms hurt for two days later though.
-K

mark66

TT Racer
Well totally missed us here on the coast of CT. Got some rain yesterday afternoon and last night but no wind. Now it left us with some DAMN nice weather.