Rhinebeck Grand National Motorcycle Show

Hedge

American Infidel
6/13 through 6/15 Presented by The Antique Motorcycle Club of America
Quoted from the King of Swing the "Buckster" - "If you have so much as a single drop of oil or rust in your blood, you don't want to miss this one!"
http://www.rhinebecknationalmeet.com/index.html

Website Quote -
THE RHINEBECK GRAND NATIONAL SUPER MEET for 2008 is unique to the way the AMCA [Antique Motorcycle Club of America] has been running meets in the past. To start with, this meet is being run by the Northeastern Chapters' Coalition which is comprised of 6 different AMCA Chapters. The coalitions chapters are working together to bring the combined experience of past meets to make this event a great success.

The Rhinebeck Grand National Super Meet will feature a massive 2 day show of the Motorcycle Time Line, which is now a renowned event after its premier in 2007,

There will be hundreds of Antique Motorcycle Parts Vendors, Motorcycles and Collectibles for sale, so you will be sure to find something that you are looking for.

Also, what makes this event unique is the collaboration with other Antique Clubs outside of the AMCA. We will be joined by two wonderful shows. The Antique Machinery and Tractor Show run by the Century Museum and Collectors Association and the Mid Hudson Chapter of the Antique Truck Club of America will be hosting the Antique Truck Show. Both of these shows will be running simultaneously with the Motorcycle Meet, so, there will be plenty to see! Once you see and hear these old machines run you will surely want to own one, too…

For 2008 we will feature Motorcycle Stunt and Thrill Shows, Antique Motorcycle Auction, Big Daddy Roth Display, Rust or Shine Motorcycle Classic Show, AMCA Period Modified Bike Show, Special Guests and other Vintage Motorcycle Clubs showing off their unique machines for all to enjoy.

Also we are joined NY the world famous Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome where you can catch a biplane ride or watch the a WW1 Dogfight, it is the only show of its kind in the World!

To find out more about the meet, make sure you look through the pages of our web site. They will provide you with more details of what is going on during this 3 DAY SHOW, as well as, the organizations that will be featured here at Rhinebeck.

This will surely turn out to be one of the largest antique events in the Country for 2008.

Some pix from last year's show
http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/559386477ZUshHG

MattRat, UncleCharlie & myself will leave Ridgefield CT on Saturday June 14th and travel up to Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT for breakfast where we will be meeting the CT Rockers and Dr Lapo and friends. From there we will go North to Rhinebeck for the day and meet Bucky "The Buckster". Anyone who wants in is in, all they have to do is contact us.

Hedge

American Infidel
Hell - that's what I'm talkin' about! Unfortunately if push comes to shove and I cannot drive my bike their because of my Rotator Cuff Operation this Friday morning I might have to bum a ride in the Boxter if the 2nd seat is not already called for! :D

gilligan

Scooter
Hedge, you should set up a group shooting event for all of us neophytes. I don't know if they still have this, but it used to be that the weekend after labor day, Blue Trail Range in Wallingford hosted this awesome gun show where you can try out just about anything - provided you paid a couple of dollars for the rounds. Haven't been there in years, but used to be a good time.

Rockers CT

Banned
Wallingford Shooting range is having issues and dealing with a lawsuit due to stray bullets hitting peoples houses.....LOL

Hedge

American Infidel
Wallingford Shooting range is having issues and dealing with a lawsuit due to stray bullets hitting peoples houses.....LOL

You, my friend are 100% correct! But the plantive who filed the suit is a massive land developer and the whole thing is suspect enough so that the NRA has decided to come down and stick their deep pockets into the mix with the help of many members like our gun club who just donated $500 for legal fees to keep said plantive from land-grabbing!

Last edited:

Rockers CT

Banned
Hedge.. You missed it.. Rhinebeck was great.. and we did not get any rain....Hot though.. all I know is we flew up there and 3 cops pulledout behind us and nabbed people in front of us allong the way.. 100 miles up the parkway past audi's and crap....

You were missed...

Hedge

American Infidel
Hedge.. You missed it.. Rhinebeck was great.. and we did not get any rain....Hot though.. all I know is we flew up there and 3 cops pulledout behind us and nabbed people in front of us allong the way.. 100 miles up the parkway past audi's and crap....

You were missed...
I really wanted to go but my dear old UncleCharlie said it would be a bad idea because of my shoulder surgery. If I keep up with PT and do the right thing - there should be no reason that I can think of why I wouldn't be going to Carlisle.