Is it possible to put a suicide shifter on the T100?

PieMan

Two Stroke
Cut a section out of a wheel rubber inner tube and put it over your gear change shoe. Cheap, simple & effective.

Maybe should add a heel/toe shift to list of wants for bon thread. Must admit I really like them. All the postie bikes use them here. But I dont mind conventional foot shift either. Tho I do have a habit after working all day on postie bike to try and shift to 2nd the same way when I get back on the bon lol

neuroboy

750cc
another option

Shifter Skinz Shoe Boot

skinz_black240.jpg

phil

Street Tracker
Motorcycling isn't glamourous or pretty. It can be a very dirty thing. Get over your shoes being dirty. Sweat, dirt, bugs, grime, grease and blood. All are invovled in motorcycling.

agreed sir.... I wouldn't give it for nothing...

Some people look at a problem and say "oh well, that's how it is, just accept it". And, others see the same problem and say "let's see how we can solve this". Seeing how I'm not the only one to notice this issue makes me want to try to find a solution even more so I could share it with people here. This is the process of how things get better and how things evolve to make our lives better. And, since I live in NYC where I go out all the time I can't wear motorcycle boots everywhere I go, nor do I wanna look dirty. I'm a problem solver and will always try to find a solution to a problem I'm dealing with even if I don't succeed I must try. I feel thats much better than throwing my hands up in the air and just accepting it. If you can't understand that than you've got some serious problems of your own.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
when i was in italy, rome guys wore dress shoes on their bike and there is a company out there that make slittle leather shealths that match your dress shoes so you dont scuff them up, it was kinda funny but neat lookin. cant remember the site

mikenva

Rocker
Oh I so hate to get dirty rideing my bike .lol someone that rides a naked bike worry about there shoes getting dirty now thats down right funny.BETTER WATCH IT YOU MIGHT MESS UP YOUR HAIR TO.

I can't wear motorcycle boots everywhere I go

I for one look forward to seeing whether you are able to modify a heel/toe shift for the Bon. There are certainly Hondas in Oz fitted with them from factory, tho I am not sure whether the spline would be the same size as a Bon. I also dont wear boots all the time, particularly on very short trips, and when I use to be an office commuter. But I have personally never had a problem with shoes getting dirty. I have on occasions fitted galoshes over my office shoes when wet weather to keep shoes and socks dry tho.

adrianwhipp

Two Stroke
theres a little washable neoprene bootie you can get for the shifter peg, my local cycle gear is practically giving them away right now. (I can't imagine there is a huge market for such a thing).

neuroboy

750cc
nothing against you neuroboy but thats soo stupid lookin. if someones worried about a dirty shoe they should drive a mini cooper

it's true. i don't have one, but have considered it. i'm not a slave to fashion but sometimes you don't want to be stuck wearing moto boots all day--especially if the bike is your only mode of motorized transport other than the bus/train.

another option would be to strap the good shoes to the bike or in a pack and wear sneaks (i vote for chucks) for the ride.

Skeeter

Rocker
who would ever think this would go on for 4 pages?
i have a problem with gettin bugs on me. anyone know how to fix it? sometimes it feels like i hit a large bird with my chest

schnabba

Two Stroke
Either wear some other shoes while riding, and change when you get to your destination, get a shifter that doesn't have the rubber on it that marks up your shoes, or get some covers for your shoes that keep them clean. You could replace the rubber shifter part with something made of silicone or other material, but it might get dirt on it, and you would spend time cleaning it....

seems like having a cover would be as much of an inconvenience as swapping motorcycle boots for shoes.

maybe get all your shoes in black? that might be an option. Wouldn't show up dirt or scuffs that way.

I assume you are talking about the marks on the top of the shoe from the shifter? Your best option is going to be 2 pairs of shoes. One while riding, another when you get to where you are going. Either buy a pair of boots that are comfy and meet your sense of style, or get another pair of boots and some luggage that will let you store the boots when you get to your destination.

Threads like this are why I hate the internet.

Last edited:

MES

750cc
Threads like this are why I hate the internet.
thread like this are why a love the internet. It never fails to disappoint.
:snack:
:beer:
....... :piss:
I see you boys are still at it.

:whip:
that'll learn ya

tezza

Street Tracker
there shoes for fucks sake they are made to walk on dirt!!! my god motorcyclist worring about getting dirty. sorry if i have offended anyone but this is really funny.