Greetings from Germany

ace 59

moped
I just wanted to say Hi to all members of this awesome Triumph Twin forum.

I own a 2009 EFI Thruxton since one year now. This is my first factory new bike - I made it a present to myself for my 50th birthday.

Before I had a 1971 650cc Triumph Bonneville for 5 yeas and from 1982 until 2008 a 1970 Norton Commando Fastback. Both of these bikes I bought in a terrible state and restored them in Cafe Racer style.

In 2008 I decided to sell the Commando due to lack of time and rusted bones (though I would never admit that), soon realizing that that was a mistake. You just can't give up motor bike riding after having done that uninterruptedly for 33 years.

So I went to get me a Thruxton for my old days. After one year I must say it is a nice bike. Smooth and uncomplicated. The only problem I found was the sound. An original Thruxton sounds like a "farthing frog in a bathtub". So that had to be changed. Searching for some Staintune exhausts I found RyanRobot99's advertisment on this forum and bought his Staintunes right away. Thanks Ryan for the very friendly communication (can't find a "THANKS" smiley).

I hope that the Staintunes will cure the Thruxtons audio problem and I'm looking forward to reading on the American way of Twin motorcycling on this forum in future.

Safe riding to all members of this forum from the land of no speed limit,

Lothar

DandyDoug

750cc
Hi Lothar and welcome to the forum.

Where in Germany are you located ?
I go over to visit with family every few years, will be there next spring actually.
My daughter and her family live in Graffenrheinfeld, just outside of Schweinfurt.
Doug

ace 59

moped
Hi Doug,

Thx for your welcome.

I live near Hannover in the northern part of Germany, about 350 km away from Schweinfurt.

If you come over and happen to be in our area, it would be great to meet you.

Lothar

mark66

TT Racer
Welcome to the forum Lothar. Its a great place to find ideas and information from so many knowledgeable motorcycle riders.

Kappy

Two Stroke
Hi Lothar,
welcome - I am new here too as I spend the last few years more with my REs ! Same here - I cannot get enough of biking which is difficult to be accepted by the women in my life ( specially by my daughters...) age does not matter. I am now 50 and still feel like when I was 18 and had my first real bike !!
have fun

by the way I like the comment of motomaniac - never too old -:)