Oh, woe am I, what am I gonna do

Nick Morey

Rocker
Hey man...you have the right attitude. If this is the bike for her then this is the bike for her; don't get strung up too much in brand loyalty as far as pushing it off to others. At the end of the day, the both of you are rolling down the road on two wheels and getting to spend that time together as BOTH of you are riding. I think it is cool that you two have a "mixed" relationship now...could make for fun times ribbing each other later on. Get out, ride the bikes and have a blast. That is what they are meant for no matter what emblem is on the tank.

+1. Absolutely!!!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Hmm...sounds like a good problem...my wife says the same shit...wants a Harley...but I am paying and so we have to compromise.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Choosing a bike is so individual that happiness is where you find it I guess.

The Harley bashing comes from the sheer number of doo rags out there not from any particular aspectof the bikes. They are okay bikes.

Some people just do not fit in with the pirate crews on parade. At all. Period.

rodburner

Rocker
Buying dozens of T shirts, (as long as they are black).
Clarke,I have ONE Triumph shirt,yes,in black. But I have a bunch of black [long sleeved too] Harley shirts that I pick up every where I visit. They have kept me from getting too aggressive while riding for fear that my secret will be revealed in the ambulance. My SpongeBob boxer briefs didn't slow me down a bit....

Update to woe am I

MLW now has her class "M: licence and about 250+ miles on her Harley. She "loves" her bike. I took her through the foothills yesterday and she was a little apprehensive about it, at first. When we got to our fav lounge for a burger and bev (non-alcoholic), she looked at me with a look of pride and great big smile and screamed "I did it". She rides cautiously but is improving every time she gets on the bike.

She got a 3/4 helmet, white with pink polka-dots on it. That will help the image of the "gay pirates" a bunch.:lol2: It's called a "pink ladybug". The women that have seen it fall in love with it. She has asked for a pink air-mesh riding coat to go with it. I'll have to see if Santa has room in his sleigh for one this Christmas.

She has a vacation scheduled for next month and has informed me we are riding the motorcycles when we go. What kind of monster have I created?:confused: Here is a thumbnail of her and her new love.

Attachments

• 08-15-2010 105.jpg
    08-15-2010 105.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Good for you, hell this just means when you have the bonnie down for improvements you can still ride a bike! Just be forewarned. . .she might want to start taking yours! :eeek:

Good for you, hell this just means when you have the bonnie down for improvements you can still ride a bike! Just be forewarned. . .she might want to start taking yours! :eeek:

No big problem, I like the little harley and when she is at work, I'll take it for a ride occaisionally. MLW is a little short in the inseam to feel comfortable with a seat height much more than the xl883l's 29 inches.

I kind of think that the Bonneville is like a refined lady and the Harley is an uncouth harlot but, they both get the job done in their own way.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
That you have a wife that wants to ride beside you is great. She looks pretty good on that Hugger. It was designed for women so you can't be too put out.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Be prepared for guys to fall all over themselves telling her how great she rides. I want to tell my friends to STFU .... annoying.

Well mate you did say "any bike she liked" and girls on the whole do seem to prefer Harleys. Did you buy new? A guy at work just bought a sportster and I was really surprised at just how little extras He got and the crap plastic speedo!
But with your businesss that should not be a problem to fix up anyway.And they are nice bikes and tho not yours or mine as choice, there still reliable.

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I kind of think that the Bonneville is like a refined lady and the Harley is an uncouth harlot but, they both get the job done in their own way.

+1. I ride my friends Harleys and they have a lot of personality and they shake it shake it and are loud, attracting attention, mine and others. The Bonny, on the other hand is more subtle,not for everyone, not as in your face but if you rev her up or lean her over -- much more satisfying to keep around.

Last edited:

Gretsch

Rocker
Awesome Bill! Good for her (and you)! Just wait till she comes home one day and says:

"Honey, I think I need something bigger...let's go look at the Rocket III." Better watch out or she'll have you riding pillion.
:lol2: