New sprocket cova

strokerlmt

Ok okkkk....I have a problem. Its my bike. I have my wife and daughters and we are #1. I have work which has consumed me for 18 months now to get myself ahead of the economy. Then my release is my Bonneville. After I have time with my girls then they are off sewing, painting, watching bachelorette I hit the garage and do mindless sanding and cutting and lookin and cleaning to just reduce my stress. Very long story short....new spro cover on the way. So I want a certain look but the bolt bits etc are in the way. If I cut tooo much then I don't get the "look". Too little why do it ?.....so cut and dremel to get the result.
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

Used the aircraft paint remover shit. It takes chrome off :eeek:
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0

ssjones

750cc
Seriously? What brand of stripper?... sounds rather potent...
Walmart sells it, it literally is called "aircraft paint stripper" (or similar) Use in a well ventilated area! I used it to remove the paint/coating from my front forks legs.

I've seen several "modified" and aftermarket sprocket covers that leave the front sprocket somewhat exposed, don't you guys ever worry about a boot lace or trouser cuff getting caught in the chain/sprocket? Seems to me that a sprocket cover is basically a safety item and I like my digits just the way they are thank you very much. :)

strokerlmt

don't use laces and velcro tighten my cuffs.....the above modification still covers the chain touching gear section.
LMT

ssjones

750cc
I've seen several "modified" and aftermarket sprocket covers that leave the front sprocket somewhat exposed, don't you guys ever worry about a boot lace or trouser cuff getting caught in the chain/sprocket? Seems to me that a sprocket cover is basically a safety item and I like my digits just the way they are thank you very much. :)
This kind of mod is all about stylin'