Largest number of bikes on one ride

MES

750cc
The kinder gentler version.

"Charity ride to promote awareness and raise funds ($20 rego per person) for people with mental illnesses."

They would be more than welcome to my $20 as it appears to be a good cause.
But I wouldn't do the ride for all the tea in India. I would expect a route map though so I could plan to stay far, far away from THEM.

this kind of thing seems to be the antithesis of what riding is about.
If I wanted to be with 30 other people I would take a bus. And seeing how this is for mental illness it would be a short bus:playin:
or is that :screwy:

good on ya for giving though.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
This thread made me think of what Peter Egan once wrote about group rides-

We all have our own personal versions fo hell, I guess, and one of mine would be an afterlife in which I am trapped in a perfectly staggered line of motorcycles, going forty nine miles an hour through eternity. With cars backed up behind me.
To paraphrse my old riding buddy Gil Nickel, if I ever find myself on a winding road holding up a line of cars with a motorcycle , I will carry the shame to my grave. And maybe beyond.

strokerlmt

Hey everyone is different....some like to be alone.....or with a couple of buds.....or 76,489 riders goin down the road. Do your thing....enjoy ......and who gives a rats ass if it is contrary to what you like.....
LMT

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
musicswappeshop,

Thanks for posting the pictures. That actually looks like a very cool event with a large variety of motorcycle types. I imagine there were interesting conversations and cool bikes to look at when you stopped....hope you don't take the comments above as directed at your event or post. you know, Triumph riders, always going their own way and all that....

hope you don't take the comments above as directed at your event or post

No offence taken on my part at all. I only posted to see whether this amount of riders was considered large. It was actually a bonus that it caused interest and debate in a way I was not expecting at all. And I did meet some really nice people. The guy with the BSA M20 1945, was particularly interesting and spoke at length of his rides. He was not mad like me tho and never actually participated in the ride to Jamberoo lol
I still wonder if some of you realise just how little traffic there is tho. I know from riding in the UK that this would be a nightmare. But I can tell you that we held no cagers up at all. I personally would never do such a ride in Sydney. But from Nth Nowra (to me) was awesome!!! And something I am really pleased I done. Just to see all the people lining the road at Berry with there children waving was something else. And to arrive at jambaroo and probably triple their population is probably something that only happens there on this one event.

Ryan

Scooter
Lots of people, equal number of bikes, sun bearing down, sweaty as hell...

Count me out. Im with Otherwise, though I'd rather be mowing the lawn or pulling weeds.

Mate I was wearing a wool lined ww11 flying jacket. It was not hot at all. In fact I would go as far as to say that getting there from Sydney and returning to Sydney after event was Fuckin cold! The actual event was warmer (not hot) but when riding at 90 to 100km/h you dont sweat. Would have loved to be sweating lol remember this is our mid winter

Count me out. Im with Otherwise

This is a guy that wears Budgie snugglers yr siding with !!! :)
Got yr pm mate

just realised I am now a rocker COOOOOOL!

Last edited:
:ride::ride:Good on you for doing some charitable work and for a good cause. I dont do the large group rides becaue people don't like me. Maybe thats why the others who have posted dont do group rides as well no one likes them enough to invite them they just have not realized it.:)

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
i went on one "group ride" for a "cause" a few yers ago. It was 99% harleys with open pipes and it was embarrasing to be with those immature gay pirates on $20,000 noise makers.
the only group i'll ride with is at the Bennington Bash

It was 99% harleys with open pipes and it was embarrasing

Probably around 92% on this ride. But cant argue with you on that observation. But I dont mind Harleys to be honest. I just prefer triumphs and never enjoyed forward controlls.
But girls seem to squeal over Harleys. All I ever get to chat with are old men

one likes them enough to invite them they just have not realized it.

Yer there nearly all anti socials here. The lot on NBR should be locked up :)

I would like to add for those that have done similar. Tho with far larger numbers than I can actually imagine. Thanks for posting. When you think of numbers shown of people attending these events. Then really there is a lot out there that actually do this sort of thing. And the money is for a good cause at the end

Last edited:
See Not just harleys :)

2842539960100875198S600x600Q85.jpg