Stuck slide

Despite my refusal to participate in the rat site any more I occasionally peruse the site to see what's happening around the place and every now and then I come across a post where somebody's in trouble and I know I can help. Here's an example:-

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/149306-my-bonnie-is-sick-can-you-help-me-diagnose-it.html

In this case his problem is (was) a stuck or "hung up" vacuum slide in one of his carby's. I experienced the exact same problem with Dynojet springs when doing WOT tests while tuning my bike with an A/F gauge. The poster has replaced the Dynojet springs with stock springs and the problem has gone away. In my case as soon as I popped the top off the carby the slide dropped back down making a "plop" noise as it did so thus alerting me to the situation. My guess is that this poster freed his stuck slide unwittingly when he changed the springs back but the recommendations he is getting from other posters on the rat site is that he probably has a faulty coil.

I'm still running the Dynojet springs in my bike and the problem has not reoccurred but I now carry the appropriate allen key in my pocket just in case.