[rant] I love repair shops..

TC_Dick

TT Racer
So I walk in, hand the guy behind the counter the keys and tell him the front wheel isn't true. He asks if there is steering shake and a couple other questions, types a couple things on his computer, and hands me back an estimate printout - $107 after tax for "front end shake diagnosis".

The shitter of the deal, I bought my tires from this place about 6 or 8 weeks ago, and had them mount the tires and balance/true the wheels. Their crap workmanship, and they want to charge me $100 for them to tell me that..

Time to find a new shop for the few things left that I can't do.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
So I kinda feel bad about posting this now..

I called at about 3pm (dropped the bike off at 9), and the guy that answered said, "Oh, did you want it back today?" I told him that if it wasn't I was going to be in a bit of trouble, as the bike is my sole means of transportation for the day.

That kinda set me off again a bit.. He told me that they close at 6, so they'll try and have the wheel trued by then.

I got a lift down there at about 5:30, and the bike was up on the lift. I watched the guy putting the front wheel back on, and walked in the shop to wait. The manager came in and saw me in the chair, and told me that he was just going to call me, and that the bike was ready.

I asked him what I owed, and he told me "We're good. We put the tires on there right?" He told me that the spokes sometimes will settle, and only needed a small adjustment, and to have a good weekend (and enjoy the fantastic weather).

So I ended up with no charge, and the bike was ready 5 minutes after I arrived. I gotta say, the shop manager is a decent chap and took care of me.

mark66

TT Racer
All's well that ends well. I wouldn't feel bad, you only reacted to the impression they gave you (you'd have to pay for something you shouldn't). You let the process take its' course and found out they're a stand up shop after all, and your letting everyone know about.
Now go ride the wheels off of that bike!!!!:headbang2:

strokerlmt

TC ...that sucks.....and you bought tires from there. I usually walk away BUT first say that I'm done with the services and I 'll look for someone who stands behind their work. NOW my wife.........she would politely ask to see the owner. Then she would politely say that they balanced teh tires something is "off" and pls make it right at no charge. Then they would say well it has been a month anddddddd.....she would stop them there and tell them what ahe thinks about their service and she will tell everyone that will listen what their is like and she will someone someone elese to do teh work.....
LMT

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, I'm glad the shop made it right for you. They did and it's right that they did. Since I'm a mechanical idiot I depend on a good shop to do the work on my bike and it costs, but they've done good work for me.

BUT....every time I drop off my Bonnie and say goodbye to it for however long it's in anybody else's hands, I get antsy and all agnst ridden and fret and moan. I'd like to say I'm getting better at dropping off my baby, but I'd be a liar.