Dandydoug is the definition of a gentleman

Oxblood

750cc
After I left him out to bake today in the southern sun he still filled my tires for the ride home and invited me in for a drink. Thanks again and the bike the rode MUCH better with proper inflation! Awesome gent with a beautiful bike, it was a pleasure to meet you before I head west sir.

4828416719_8d3b564ea9_b.jpg

4829028658_db8309e8ec_b.jpg

4828422219_5cff4007ea_b.jpg

4828423625_251eae1182_b.jpg

4829037398_a2ea2e814c_b.jpg

4828431179_1e259ddcee_b.jpg

4828433325_1592011e05_b.jpg

4828436189_67f5d81896_b.jpg

4828439501_5324fbc77a_b.jpg

4829052472_8469427d0c_b.jpg

4828449481_c6bab6c537_b.jpg

Oxblood

750cc
Simpson I'm not quite out of time for a photoshoot, hit me up with a PM if your still interested and I'll head Hickory way!

D9

Vendor
Fascinating and wonderful pics, wow!!! How do you do that?
That fairing looks great!

pepper

Street Tracker
Fascinating and wonderful pics, wow!!! How do you do that?
That fairing looks great!

+1

If there was a monthly Triumph magazine on the market which consistantly contained photographs of this quality, character and content I would be a subscriber. Fantastic work!

Bonniebret

Rocker
Great looking pics, Ox. But I thought the definition of a gentleman was a guy who keeps 50% of his weight on his elbows.

DandyDoug

750cc
Thanks for the kind words, you are a very talented man and I'm sure you have a bright future as a professional photographer.

Now if I were only computer literate enough to add one of those full beauty shots to my ( i think you call it an Avatar??) that would be great.

Thanks again , Doug

Oxblood

750cc
Thanks for the kind words, you are a very talented man and I'm sure you have a bright future as a professional photographer.

Now if I were only computer literate enough to add one of those full beauty shots to my ( i think you call it an Avatar??) that would be great.

Thanks again , Doug

Tell me which one you want and I'll avatarize it for ya!

Oxblood

750cc
The very first one , thank you!!!
Right click and save the image then go to "User Cp" --> Edit Avatar --> upload image and select the one you just saved.
picture.php

Those are the sharpest pictures Ive ever seen

Thanks! I do admit I cheat though using the photoshop blur tool to make em sharper! I know it sounds wrong but it theres a few steps you do then overlay the blur onto your original image and it brings out the detail.

A quick and dirty example, its a subtle effect but you can see more definition in the shadows and it really makes chrome pop. First one is from the camera second has a photoshop blur action I made on it:

example.jpg
example2.jpg

Last edited:

Bonniebret

Rocker
Matt here's another way of achieving a similar result. Create a duplicate layer and convert it and adjust the contrast using the Hi-Pass filter. Set the the layer blending to Overlay and then play with the opacity to get the desired look. It's also a good way to sharpen soft images instead of using unsharp mask. Welcome to Advanced Photoshop Talk, folks. LOL!

example.jpg
examplees.jpg

Last edited:

Oxblood

750cc
I'll have to try that! It looks like it might save me a step or two. My way is to duplicate the layer twice, set 2nd duplicate layer mode to vivid light, invert it, throw a surface blur on it, merge down then overlay.

Oxblood

750cc
+1

If there was a monthly Triumph magazine on the market which consistantly contained photographs of this quality, character and content I would be a subscriber. Fantastic work!

I got to thinking about your comment and with the collected talent we have here we could do it ourselves and publish it with Magcloud. Print on demand No upfront costs and throw the profit back to the forum.

I am no designer but a few minutes of fun in photoshop:
magazine.jpg

Last edited:

pepper

Street Tracker
Well done Oxblood, well done indeed.

THAT, in my opinon, is a project worthy of serious review.

DandyDoug

750cc
Took me a while and had to get some computer schooling from my neighbor but I got the Avatar set up THANKS !!!!

Also , I love the picture on the front of your magazine idea, but of course I am a bit biased.:cheer:

DandyDoug

750cc
The fairing is made in Ga. by Parabellum, right now I have a 10" racing screen mounted and for colder weather I'll be changing it out for a 14" high one.

This particular fairing has been on several bikes owned by friends of mine from the NTBF. I bought it last year and had it color match painted by a local guy.
The fairing is very effective, no handling issues, and helps improve fuel mileage.