Saddlebags

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I picked up these Willie and Max saddlebags at a yard sale in nearly brand new condition for $25. They are leather with a plastic interior shell to keep them rigid. I am using the el cheapo $25 brackets that you frequently see on ebay. I got them from "saddleman" and the brackets are really really cheap looking. But I have to say, I really like the look of these bags. I will be adding a flyscreen in black very soon too as I am taking some overnight trips next month to Vermont and I am getting into tour mode a little bit. I also have a cheap tailbag that will go on top of these bags across the seat but for now running around I am enjoying being able to store my jacket or even just carrying a few items home from the store. I went out today and bought some office clothes and put in a couple pairs of slacks,some socks, and three dress shirts with room to spare.

GEDC1797.jpg

here is the type of bracket I purchased. I dont recommend them, they are like $12 each but seriously cheaply made.

1222312988-27862-0.jpg

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Yeah thats the first thing I thought when I saw them - they match. Storage capacity isn't great but its good enough I suppose.

GEDC1799.jpg

D9

Vendor
Not bad for the $$... bags look custom to match the bike... can't tell the brackets are cheapies with the bags on... good score.

schnabba

Two Stroke
awesome - way to save $$ on that one! I should have done something like that - I have the leatherlyke, since I've used those on other bikes before, but the money you save doing what you've done, you can get some other more important things!

koifarm

Hooligan
DAmn Sal, those look absolutely great with your bike...I'm not much on saddlebags unless they are done right and buddy, those are right!! Good score! Now you need a Marlin Brando hat, a retro leather jacket, levi's with rolled cuffs at the bottom, a ciggy dangling from your lower lip and a long neck beer in ya hand.....yaaahhhh....that's the ticket!!

ddwasher

Scooter
those bags look money. are you adding a flyscreen for looks or protection? i just did an 11,000 km tour on my bonnie and i found the flyscreen didn't do shit for me. i'm about 5'8. mine is a dart, smoked. if you wanna buy it i'll sell it to you cheap!

TC_Dick

TT Racer
those bags look money. are you adding a flyscreen for looks or protection? i just did an 11,000 km tour on my bonnie and i found the flyscreen didn't do shit for me. i'm about 5'8. mine is a dart, smoked. if you wanna buy it i'll sell it to you cheap!

hey, did you end up selling that flyscreen?

DandyDoug

750cc
Those bags look sweet on your bike, I sort of look around for a used set of those with the Orange insert ( where yours are white) every so often. I think they would look good on my Orange/White bike.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Yeah, I bought the fly screen. Here is is with the bags, for what its worth.
GEDC1805.jpg

The bike actually gets even more looks with the bags, if thats possible. Last Sunday I stopped at a bakery up in the mountains and literally got surrounded by people. Happily one of them was actually a chick this time instead of the usual old dudes.