Charging System

rmiles

Scooter
Could anyone please educate on how the charging system on a 2007 Bonnie works? I would like to add a GPS but not sure how much of a drain it would have on the battery if continuously used.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Can't tell you much about the charging system but I use a GPS on long trips on mine no problem. 16,000 miles on the original battery on my '07.

tbirdsp

Scooter
GPS hardly draws any current, nothing to even worry about.

Heated grips, heated clothing, high wattage lighting are what use lots of power.

GPS hardly draws any current, nothing to even worry about.

Heated grips, heated clothing, high wattage lighting are what use lots of power.

I have an 09 T100 and I have a Garmin and I have a full set of heated Gerbing gear, jacket, pants, gloves, and socks.. The charging system does not seemed to be bothered a bit from it..

Allen...... Will ride for food

rmiles

Scooter
Can't tell you much about the charging system but I use a GPS on long trips on mine no problem. 16,000 miles on the original battery on my '07.

What type of set-up off the battery are you using? The only ones I`ve seen are by Powerlet or NewBonneville.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
What type of set-up off the battery are you using? The only ones I`ve seen are by Powerlet or NewBonneville.

There's also the OEM socket, which is what I use. I've charged my phone, mp3 player.. You need to get a "bmw" adapter (which powerlet has) and you're good to go..

Last edited: