The long awaited Walk of Champions!

Hedge

American Infidel
Well fellas - the day came on June 4th when I was walked outside and told that I was going to be packaged out! It was a good run of almost 6 years but all good things always come to an end. They package me out during downsizing. So the package will pay the mortgage for a year and I immediately signed up for unemployment for the first time in my life and will collect on top of the package. I think I'll relax for the summer and reflect unless a job finds me. It's funny because I was looking for a job for over a year while I was working and only got 3 interviews that went nowhere but last week I had 3 great telephone interviews for jobs that I am interested in and 3 big time headhunting agency's also called me to let me know they like my resume that I posted on Monster; so opportunities are flooding me right now. Meanwhile I'll continue studying for a few more Microsoft Certifications and complete the daily honey-do list from the wife before she leaves for work, and then spend the rest of the day with my boy Cyrus who is 11 months old now and closing in on 110lbs. Kinda toying with the idea of bringing him to K9 school in California but that will cost me $4k all in for the 2 week intensive course and I think the wife wants to re-doo both bathrooms. I'll have to noodle that out. Lastly I picked up a nice 2000 Dodge Durango with a 5.9 liter engine for my winter ride, tow machine and dog mobile . . . my wife got on my case about using her X3 as the dog mobile so now I don't have to hear about that either. I think I'll spend more time with my dog and ride my Bonneville a bit as well. Anyway . . . it's all Good and I'm right where I'm suppose to be I guess! I don't believe that God brought me alll this way to drop me in a dumpster now. I think he closed this door so a new one can open! Drop on by, I'll either be cutting the lawn, gardening, training my dog, riding my Bonneville or perhaps just napping!

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
Atta boy Hedge..
I've told my boss several times that I would be willing to take 1/2 pay and just stay home,but being a boss,he just doesn't see the logic. It would only be for 7 more years until all my pensions would pay at 100%,but he's a tool.

Gretsch

Rocker
Hedge... It is now incumbent upon you to post here more often and come up with the next 8 ball mod.

Really sorry to hear that you were mistreated over the past two years. Feck'em! They lost a good employee and had to pay for the privilege of doing so. On to bigger and better things.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Hedge, take a vacation down houston way on the bonnie and you got a place to sleep and I can do some mean BBQing. Enjoy what time you have and good on you for sticking it out!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, I got the kaibosh a few years ago and so far so good. I was lucky to have the right situation at the right time time so I could ride the hard financial times out. I am lucky in one respect in that I am a batchelor so if I fuck up it's just me to blame.

I do have relatives who have gotten into the jobless pickle and I'm worried about them cuz they have typical family stuff to worry about.

Glad you have a good attitude about the whole thing Hedge. I was pissed off and resentful for the longest time.

T-boy

Rocker
I was pissed off and resentful for the longest time.

After getting "sacked" 6 years ago with 32 years of service, I still am pissed! I took one summer off just to fuck around and enjoy my unemployment. It was actually the best summer of my life until the money ran out. Good luck to you Hedge. Enjoy your summer!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Happening all over, if its any consolation, most people say in hindsight its the best thing thats happened to them as they get out of a dead end job and onto something more interesting. Was true for me in 1996 got canned and I took a big step up in pay soon after.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
I was let go, but was lucky enough to find a job right away, but that means NO time off for another year.

So enjoy the summer, and take the time off. Relax, Decompress. Sleep. Have some fun. Spending it with the dog sounds like the way I would want to do it.

Good luck to you.

KingBear

Hooligan
Best of luck to you, Hedge! I had a few months off myself over the winter and ended up right back where I started when I first moved here 11 years ago - with HK! It's all good if you just keep your eye on the ball.

Hedge

American Infidel
Glad you have a good attitude about the whole thing Hedge. I was pissed off and resentful for the longest time.
I learned a long time ago that "Resentment is like peeing down your leg . . . the only one it bothers is me!" I'll just keep on keeping on even if I end up in aisle 7 at Home Depot! At least I'm not the Executive Vice President of Pencil Sharpening anymore! Definitely going to be more active on this board again . . . funny how it was my ultimate undoing but I wouldn't trade the friendships I made here for another year of torture with pay!

:pick:

Bonafide

NBR founder
$4k for K9 training in California!?!?!? WTF?!?! I think I need to start charging more for my talents.

Good luck with the job search, but til then .. enjoy the mini-vacation, Hedge

getting laid off sucks and is good for the soul at the same time. It never happens when you're happy at a job, and living off the dole sucks but it sure is nice to get paid for basically riding the couch all day. You'll enjoy the time off. Have fyn with your pup!

Got laid off after 27 yrs in exec m'ment. And i had a divorce happening at same time!. Money they paid me was great lol. Pity i never saw it. She got our half mil house (the Value at that time 8 yrs ago) plus all the property practically and my savings. She offered me 10 grand lol
I fought it and I gave up after a year. So got 10 grand minus 6 for solicitors. But I am back on my feet now with a new mortgage and would not change a thing. Least my children inherit it
From every situation something always seems to come that is good