TORS on an EFI Scrambler: need advice

Peter V

moped
Hi
I'm new to the Forum and I'm a new 2009 EFI Scrambler owner. I'm hoping I can get some advice/tips on installing TORS. I couldn't find any other thread dealing specifically with this. If someone can point me to a thread, that would be great.

Here are a few of my questions:

-I've heard that you need to flash the computer with a new tune for the TORS. Can the average Triumph dealer do that?
-If I install the pipes myself, is the bike drivable until I get to the dealer to get the new tune?
-Is it tricky to install the TORS yourself?
-Other than the new tune, are there any other modes recommended to go with the TORS for better performance?

Any other advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Peter

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Peter... did you ever get the answer you needed?

I also have an EFI model and I was fortunate that it came from the dealer with the Arrow exhaust installed and new code entered.

The nice thing abou the EFI models is that you do not need to mess with the carbs and make adjustments to needles, shims, etc..... The new exhausts can just be installed and the "computer" tuned to the new exhaust. From what I understand a dealer can do it in about 30 minutes. While there are ways to do this yourself, it is EXTREMELY expensive. There should be no issues if you put the new exhaust on yourself and ride it to leader. You may get some more popping and you won't get as good fuel/mileage. You could also run the risk of running hotter than normal and blue up the pipes quicker.

Let us know how it turns out.

Peter V

moped
Peter... did you ever get the answer you needed?

I also have an EFI model and I was fortunate that it came from the dealer with the Arrow exhaust installed and new code entered.

The nice thing abou the EFI models is that you do not need to mess with the carbs and make adjustments to needles, shims, etc..... The new exhausts can just be installed and the "computer" tuned to the new exhaust. From what I understand a dealer can do it in about 30 minutes. While there are ways to do this yourself, it is EXTREMELY expensive. There should be no issues if you put the new exhaust on yourself and ride it to leader. You may get some more popping and you won't get as good fuel/mileage. You could also run the risk of running hotter than normal and blue up the pipes quicker.

Let us know how it turns out.

Hi Roy.
Thanks for the info. I haven't done the install yet. I think I'll wait until just before my first service at my dealer and have them do the tune then.
Thanks again.
Peter