Random attack at a traffic light

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I would have run his fucking ass over. As many times as it took to shut his ignorant mouth.

You know,
I am always armed when out and about in my automobile. That dick head would not have survived an attack like that on me.

You know,
I am always armed when out and about in my automobile. That dick head would not have survived an attack like that on me.

In Australia we don't carry guns so I can't say the same as you, but think you have the correct attitude. Then I think a bit deeper about that prick and figure he is only doing property damage and we have insurance to sort out these problems. Do we really want to kill a crazy person for spoiling the paint work on our cars. Then I think deeper still and if the person in the car was shit scared that they were about to be hurt then possibly a gun is the answer. I'd hate to live in a city, too much built up frustration for me.

07black&red

Two Stroke
When that turd walks behind the vehicle to take out the rear window I was yelling at the screen "reverse! reverse!"

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
About 20 years ago I was driving on the West Side Highway in NYC at about 2 am and stopped at a long red light with no other cars around. . I was going home to my parents house from college. Anyway, a homeless guy that looked alot like that dude jumped onto the hood of my Corolla, laying across it. Reflexes got the best of me . My foot came up off the clutch I hit the gas and I got rolling in 1st with crazy dude hanging on for dear life. Without thinking I nailed the brakes and he came off real quick. I drove around him and he jumped up and chased me through the next 4 or 5 red lights. I guess the point being you should use the car, man, use the car.

koifarm

Hooligan
Yet another reason I carry a CC weapon when in the vehicle.....if a guy is smashing windows who is to know if he'll attack you next. If he failed to leave after a display, a kneecap would be next to go.

Gretsch

Rocker
In Australia we don't carry guns so I can't say the same as you, but think you have the correct attitude. Then I think a bit deeper about that prick and figure he is only doing property damage and we have insurance to sort out these problems. Do we really want to kill a crazy person for spoiling the paint work on our cars. Then I think deeper still and if the person in the car was shit scared that they were about to be hurt then possibly a gun is the answer. I'd hate to live in a city, too much built up frustration for me.

Watch it again. That's more than just property damage. He's knocking out the windows and spraying glass into the car.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
He would have been shot until he quit twitching if it was my car and I was in it. Especially if I was with the GF or any other friends or family. End of story.

No. It's to keep them from doing something worse next time. What possible redeeming societal value could that crackhead have?

Totally understand your attitude and tend to agree ... then I worry about a society that allows people on the spot, in the heat of the moment to be judge and executioner. The problem is the real judges keep giving these idiots a slap on the wrist and send them out to do it again.

" What possible redeeming societal value could that crackhead have?" Some other crackhead probably loves him:crazy:

Gretsch

Rocker
No. It's to keep them from doing something worse next time. What possible redeeming societal value could that crackhead have?

Totally understand your attitude and tend to agree ... then I worry about a society that allows people on the spot, in the heat of the moment to be judge and executioner. The problem is the real judges keep giving these idiots a slap on the wrist and send them out to do it again.

" What possible redeeming societal value could that crackhead have?" Some other crackhead probably loves him:crazy:

What I worry about is a society that deprives it's citizens of the basic right to defend themselves...

What I worry about is a society that deprives it's citizens of the basic right to defend themselves...

I'm flip flopping with this argument, I agree with you again.
A wise old bloke once said to me...
If someone gives you verbals (insults) you only have the right to verbal them back. Never be the one to escalate a bad situation from verbals to physical violence. If someone is violent towards you then make sure they can't get up when you are finished with them.

Gretsch

Rocker
I'm flip flopping with this argument, I agree with you again.
A wise old bloke once said to me...
If someone gives you verbals (insults) you only have the right to verbal them back. Never be the one to escalate a bad situation from verbals to physical violence. If someone is violent towards you then make sure they can't get up when you are finished with them.

I totally agree. The best course of action is deescalate the situation and/or get away.