protective gear?

koifarm

Hooligan
Duluth truth

Notice you from St Augustine, me from Orange Park so I know how the heat is. How do you stand up in the heat wearing those Duluth pants, I mean can you tolerate it? Curious as it does get hot here where I am now but have been looking at those.

As you know, this time of year is steamy at best....I generally tend to ride in the early morning or even about dark but early mornings are cool and much easier on me with the heat.
But, to answer your question, on the hottest of days they are still a bit warm, summertimes I wear shorts all the time except on the bike but if I'm riding during the day for some reason, I'll wear shorts under them and take em off when stopped. Since they are 13 oz canvas and levis or jeans are usually 9 oz denim they are a bit warmer but you have to have protection and as opposed to leather or heavy draggin jeans with kevlar inserts, which are much warmer, they are good for summer riding.
Duluth does have some lighter weight jeans which might be better for summer but again, you're trading off protection for coolness...

klink

Two Stroke
Koi.......thanks. I made the plunge and opted for some Gusset jeans with Kevlar. Had a 100 bucks to blow. Will try them and post for the board.

DandyDoug

750cc
I have a pair of the Gusset's with Kevlar, all I can say is follow the laundry instructions very closely !!
Mine have shrunk a bit and are hot as hell in the summer. It took several trips through the laundry to get them any where near soft, and somewhere in the frackus they got dryed on the wrong temp and shrunk. I can still wear them but they are not my favorite jeans anymore. LOL

GF

Scooter
None of them should be put in the dryer. The tag says you can---- but they lie. Unless you want $100 short pants, wash in cold, hang dry.