anyone know the size of the handlebar clamp bolts?

steamfitter

Two Stroke
hi. without going into details i need to know the size and length of the oem handlebar clamp bolts so that i can get them from fastenal. bike bandit wants 2 dollars a piece. thanks, keith

D9

Vendor
Stainless socket head cap screw, M8 x 30mm L, 1.25 pitch
Mine is a 2003 T100 w/ stock dog bone handlebar clamp.
According to the service manual, tighten handlebar clamp bolts evenly to 26NM.
Your local hardware store should have 'em... otherwise, Fastenal or McMaster
Good luck.

Last edited:

ivar

TT Racer
hi. without going into details i need to know the size and length of the oem handlebar clamp bolts

Without going into detail... have you f..ed up something we need to know about? :)

As for the bolts, they are M8 like D9 says, but mine does have a 12mm hex head , not the normal 13mm.
I bent mine in a minor off, and found that regular M8 bolts would not fit in the clamp due to the bigger head.

steamfitter

Two Stroke
well, if you really want to know.....
I was taking my m bars off to try them with the rise-down. at that time, they seemed to be coming out really tough. like a jack-ass, i put them back in without using a tap and die to chase the threads and guess what? i sheared off one of the screws. when i got it all apart. it seems that the threads are pretty screwed on both clamps, so i just went ahead and ordered new lower clamps. bike bandit wants 2 dollars a piece for each one, so i figured it would be cheaper through a hardware store.

ivar

TT Racer
ahh, I see I misunderstood, I was thinking of the bolts securing the h/bar clamps to the top triple clamp.