Most comfortable seat for a Scrambler?

I actually reckon a reworked stock bonny seat would be the go and would look more like the Trophy seat. Just adding extra foam to bring level of front of seat to pillion lip should do it. Someone here already done similar and was happy with result, and when I have the cash I will do same tomine.

bonnxton

Scooter
seat/peg position?

On my 2010 Scrambler I have a 2009 standard Bonnie seat. I found the Bonnie seat amazingly comfortable, so when I traded my Bonnie on the Scrambler the seat came too. I really like it.

Bluntman. I agree.
btw Im finding I'm catching my legs/ feet on the Scamblers pegs ( Bonnie was fine) Are they different or is the seat/ sitting position or something?
Bests,

Dave

blumtnman

Scooter
Pegs

Bluntman. I agree.
btw Im finding I'm catching my legs/ feet on the Scamblers pegs ( Bonnie was fine) Are they different or is the seat/ sitting position or something?
Bests,

Dave

I think that the seating position is slightly different, no real facts though, just seat of the pants testing. The exhaust pipe sticks out a bit on the right, this then maybe makes us sit differently on the bike. I really don't know if that is right or not, I can only go on how it feels to me. The Bonnie seat definitely feels a lot more comfortable though. :D

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
+1 on the stock Bonnie seat. It's way more comfortable than the stock Scrambler seat in my opinion. The solo seat is the most comfortable one I've tried.

sunnyscrambler.JPG

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Hey guys... can anyone tell me if the EFI Scrambler can not fit a seat made for a carburated model? One of the fine folks on here has a single seat with rack for trade but it fits his 2007. We both recall hearing somewhere that the EFI models do not work with older model seats.

I have a Triumph King/Queen on my scrambler and find it very comfortable. It does sit higher than a stock seat - so longer legged riders may appreciate it more, shorter riders not so much. It looks OK on the bike but not exactly scrambler-esque for overall style.

I had a corbin gunfighter & lady on my Triumph Sprint and was very DISAPPOINTED. Only corbin I ever had and I can't figure why everyone praises them so much. Corbin did sit you down lower on bike but seat was very hard and actually less comfortable monkey-butt wise than the stock seat. Corbin was also much, much heavier so overall bike weight actually increased. I also found corbin customer service UNHELPFUL - my seat had a "latching" issue, corbin seat stud was significantly shorter than stock seat latch, corbin was unresponsive to the issue - I ended up fabricating a new stud myself.

Bill

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
Hey guys... can anyone tell me if the EFI Scrambler can not fit a seat made for a carburated model? One of the fine folks on here has a single seat with rack for trade but it fits his 2007. We both recall hearing somewhere that the EFI models do not work with older model seats.

I think you are right. The seats for EFI models have extra space for electronics under the pan. I'm not positive, but that's what I recall hearing as well.

whyme

TT Racer
Thank you...I have that in my sites for future purchase. Maybe in the running light set-up though...sorry..now back to the seats.

blumtnman

Scooter
EFI Seats

As far as I know all model year seats Bonnies, Thruxtons, and Scramblers are all the same. So any year model seat should fit your bike.

Last edited:

ivar

TT Racer
From what I understand, the EFI bikes has more electrics under the seat and thus needs a little more clearance to the seat pan.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I actaully have a "sixty-8" seat (same seat found on a thruxton). I tried it on the Scrambler and it hits no issue.

I would hate to make the trade on the seat only to find out I can't put the solo scrambler on my bike.

I would hate to make the trade on the seat only to find out I can't put the solo scrambler on my bike.

Is there no-one you know with the seat you want to trade that you can do a swap-over with first?

My seat was from an EFI (mine is carbed) and actually interfered with electrics. But I have put a little rubber rise on frame under seat and issue is now resolved. Heard of someone cutting piece out of bottom of seat to resolve it. Pleased my option was not so radical.
I still want to go this option, as I would like a little more height. And IMO this should be style of seat Triumph should have made the Scrambler as standard seat,without the hump. More similar to the Trophy.

Not sure if pointed out. But there is an official seat thread that may also help you neducati http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3937&page=9

Trophy-scrambler.jpg

Last edited: