Is the Scrambler good for tall riders

I am am looking for a new to me bike and there are no Triumph dealers handy to check out so I wonder what the concensus is on the Scrambler for a tall guy.

I just love the look of these bikes . I am 6'3" with a 33.5" pant inseam and usually need to modify a bike to suit. My last bike was an 88 Honda Transalp that I modified the seat on the get a extra couple inches,which made a huge difference.

I will be looking for one a year or two old with low mileage.

Thanks for any insight

The scrambler is def the best for those 6ft or more. I tried out all three models, and found the Thruxton least comfortable for my frame. Actually went for the Bonneville in the end, A sort of heart over head decision, I dont regret.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I am 6'5" and my Bonnie fits me just fine. I have been in the saddle 12+ hours in a ride and still didn't want to get off the bike...that is with the factory seat as well. The Scrambler I think accommodates us taller guys even more in my opinion so I really don't see that being an issue for you. I think that the modern classic lines are one of the few bikes out there that is friendly towards us tall folk.

6,2" with an 09 Scrammy. No looking back (except for sirens).
Longest day ride to date 950miles. Get ride of thre ironing board stock seat and you'll love this bike.
Longest ride to date 2-day route 191 (Devils Highway) and back to Phoenix. Recently put a clear flyscreen on and it really helped keeping up with the local AZ Rat Pack who tend to ride a little "spirited" at times. No issues with ton-up jaunts with this bad boy...

Get on one, go round the block including a highway or two and you'll see that you've plenty of nut room mate.

GL

Cheers
Peter

Old_Eric

Scooter
I'm 190 cm / 95 kg and I've done fine with the Scrambler.
IMG_1154.jpg
[/IMG]

casper

Two Stroke
I'm 190 cm / 95 kg and I've done fine with the Scrambler.
IMG_1154.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow,

amazing scenery Eric. Great Scrambler country.

I expect you can only ride in the spring and summer though over in Finland?

Casper :)

PS - on height, I am 5' 8'' and surprisingly find the Scrambler absolutely fine. I was a bit worried when i bought the bike over 2 years ago as I knew trail type bikes were taller. But the Scram is fine for shorter riders too.

Last edited:

Old_Eric

Scooter
We can ride here in Finland from April to October. This photo above is from North Sweden, from my little 2300 km trip which I took in the change of June and July with my cousin.

I'm 6'4" and the scrambler is plenty comfortable. And don't be fooled, the stock seat is like a couch compared to most bikes I've ridden. The guy above should try riding a husqvarna.