I told you so...

ozbonnie

Scooter
I have read many many threads about how easy it is to rejet the carbs yourself and save $$$$.

I crossed my toes today and went for it...
15 min per side without removing the carbs, and I was going extra slow for safety.

I know some of you are rolling your eyes, but for the inexperienced let me tell you it is as easy as they say.

Now I need it to stop raining so I can see if I have installed the right jets.

T-boy

Rocker
Being a mechanical idiot, I, too, found this simple task daunting, but it wasn't as bad a job as I thought it would be. I'd say 15 min per side is actually pretty quick for a first timer. Gives you a great deal of satisfaction when finished, doesn't it?

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
When I did my BC ARK installation I detailed the steps at this link, which include the steps for re-jetting, hoping others doing this for the first time, like me, would find it useful.

whyme

TT Racer
Is it possible to change the jets on a Scrambler without taking off the carbs? The one side is tough with the exhaust in the way. Anyone accomplish this? Thanks

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
It might be doable w/o removing carbs, you'd maybe have more room to work if you took the gas tank off. But removing carbs is really pretty easy - easier than pulling the exhaust but even that is pretty easy. Go for it!

Last edited:

T-boy

Rocker
I could have done my rejet with the carbs on, but the f'in pilot jets were screwed in so tight I couldn't get enough torque to get 'em out without taking the carbs off. Definitely made a relatively easy job more difficult and time consuming.

whyme

TT Racer
When I put the ARK in I noticed that the on the exhaust side that the K&N is right up against the fuse bracket. I think I may have to take that bracket off the battery box-it was a bitch to get on because of a hidden bolt. So that may be a pain. I guess I'll give it a go with out taking the carbs off...thanks everyone. Getting the jets out was easy with the carbs on their side.

stroker..the carbs intimidated me too but they were rather easy-give it a go. I did change the screws for allens on the bowls for times like this when I want to try and not remove the carbs. But they did come out easily.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Tip if you do pull the carbs..

This might not affect all of you (as I have some big 'ole sausage fingers), but I found that if I put the throttle cables in place just before putting the carbs back in, it makes that portion of the job MUCH easier.

thistle66

Scooter
Is it possible to change the jets on a Scrambler without taking off the carbs? The one side is tough with the exhaust in the way. Anyone accomplish this? Thanks

I've rejetted my Scram a few times without removing the carbs. Easy, all except the one bolt behind the LHS carb where teh idle adjuster is - that one takes a minute of fiddling.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
... the one bolt behind the LHS carb where teh idle adjuster is - that one takes a minute of fiddling.

Easier to fiddle that one from the RHS after you have the RH float bowl off....

I actually rejetted yesterday - was feeling a bit rich so went back down to 140/42 - may yet drop to 135... took 20 minutes total.