2005 Bonneville Winter Mods

Alright, so this thread is kind of lame, as it's all just my mashup of shit you can buy online and not the fabrication craziness I see others doing. That being said, I love my bike...

Here's a few pics of the BC Performance package I installed. Unfortunately, the Air Box Kits are backordered, but Sean was cool and sent me two sets of jets. One is for when I installed just the AI Elim, and Pred Pipes, and the other is for when I get the AirBox Elim Kit he's supposed to be sending.

When I Eliminate the airbox I'll post the step-by-step pics that I always do, since the process is somewhat the same as it was to put on the jets and AI Elim. Unfortunately, the AI Elim photos never happened. I was too eager to ride the thing...

Here are the glam shots.

4572405102_c865afcc8c.jpg

Close up shot of the eliminated AI. The vacuum activated reed valve is tucked in a bag in my JOBOX

4571770185_219b1a2ced.jpg

Close up of the Predator pipes. These things are fantastic.

4572438134_9ae0734aa1.jpg

The bike with everything installed. Can't wait for the Airbox Elim. Thing is gonna fly.

NEXT UPDATE : PAINT!!!!

Last edited:

dschief

750cc
2 thumbs up. You are gonna love the intake roar when you get the AB romoval done! It is intoxicating, and the bike really comes alive!!!

Well my airbox still hasn't arrived. BC has good products, but damn they are slow.

Still, I've gotten all of my paint prep done finally. I'll be painting my extra parts Saturday, my front signals and thruxton bracket are arriving today, and Sean promises the airbox is shipping "on the 17th". So all told this project should be finished by next monday. Holy smokes.

4614565407_484b34ac7d.jpg

If you've been following this, look forward to next week. Should be a lot of glamor shots coming.

Edit : I guess the project isn't totally complete... I've got some NH rearsets coming, and a tachometer kit... Those should be quick though... riiiiight? : D

Wait and see. I love the blue as well, which is why i bought all replacement parts for the paint. The blue pieces are going into storage.

Last edited:
Put on some Norman Hyde Rearsets tonight. They went in pretty easily once I stopped being a fool and started paying attention.

The only adjustment I had to make was to dremel a bolt in half so it didn't impact the chain while riding. Maybe I used the wrong bolt, I don't know. Either way, everything works great now.

4628314898_325a8f0977.jpg

Foot position :

4627711615_3d70a69068.jpg

Sharp eyed dudes might also notice I've got the same Kuryakyn turn signals on the front now as I installed on the back. I used a thruxton turn signal bracket to mount them. The installation is roughly the same as what I already posted so I won't bore you folks.

They look nice though!

Last edited:

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Man the bike is looking great. You will like the rear sets......
LMT

+1
Also digging your mods Arctic. In fact after a ride last night when cruising with my boots hooked on the rear pegs, which unhinged my pelvis and relieved my lower back...I decided my T-100 also has to have some Hyde rearsets. If you know of a good price someplace on a set or somebody who wants to sell some, please let me know.
Keep the good work coming....

I'll keep my eyes open for you. After about 3 days of riding with them I wouldn't go back now. They're great.

Gotta watch out for that first time you let your mind wander when coming to a stoplight though. The foot comes down where it used to, catches the shifter, and POP. "I just stalled? Oh my god...."

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Thanks. Good to hear you are happy with them. It seems that most that have them feel the same way you do and won't go back to mid controls. I need to drink the koolaid too. :)
Ride safe.

strokerlmt

Speed......as soon as I did a 1 hour ride I knew I would never take my NH rear sets off. The combo of M-bars, football grips and NH rear sets have allowed my 59 soon to be 60 yr old issues to relax a little while riding.
LMT

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Speed......as soon as I did a 1 hour ride I knew I would never take my NH rear sets off. The combo of M-bars, football grips and NH rear sets have allowed my 59 soon to be 60 yr old issues to relax a little while riding.
LMT
Thanks LMT. Add me to the aging boomer list...right behind you.
I need to catch up with you guys and get some NH rearsets mounted.
I probably should have done this a long time ago.
Not sure if I will do Superbars or the more aggressive M-bars but Beston GT retro football grips will likely be in the mix to replace the factory grips as well.
Have a good holiday.

Anyone know about the LSL rearsets? They are alittle lower cost. I like the more "tech" look of them. Also like the metal pegs instead of rubber.