Best Airbox Removal Kit for Scrambler?

Nick Morey

Rocker
140's for TOR's seems a bit much to me, I think you should go smaller.

As for Stainless bolts, put old bolt & new together to see if threads line up perfectly, if they are even a little bit off you have the wrong bolts. If you have calipers measure OD of threads, but you should be able to tell visually if they are the same standard size. New bolts may be slightly larger or threads weren't cut as deep, these things you won't see visually but, bolt should be OK. Stainless steel dulls cutting tools quickly & maybe bolts are on high end of spec. Bottom line - if the threads match up perfectly & bolts visually look the same diameter they should be OK, just make sure bolt is lined up properly when screwing in & go for it!

Last edited:

bonnxton

Scooter
I'm going to fly in the face of popular opinion and ask
Do you really want to do it at all for 3hp?
I did it on my Bonnie (NARK) and whilst you do get a little more hp I don't like the induction noise- (takes away from the throb of the pipes) and I hate the way your electrics are exposed to wet weather.
That's just me.
Dave
01 Bonnie
04 Thrux (sold)
2010 Scram

whyme

TT Racer
crankcase breather mod

While I was changing the jets again I changed the floppy crankcase breather. A little hard to see, but I added a pex 90 degree brass elbow to the crankcase breather so it sits up instead of just laying on top of the case. I cut the line close to where it turns after coming out of the crankcase. There is a spot in the engine case that is rounded it it sits nicely in there. not too floppy either.

Attachments

• P1020218.JPG
    P1020218.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 0

whyme

TT Racer
Thanks. As soon as I figure out the jetting issue I can really enjoy it. I'm on 135s now and still having issues

tribear

Street Tracker
Bummer. Hit us with your current symptoms again and current settings.
Keep in mind that excessive blueing of the pipes is hot = lean. Your main jet won't affect this much unless you are WOT 90% of the time. Do you have a shim under the needles?

whyme

TT Racer
Thanks Tribear. When I got the bike it had TORS and Ai removed. I went with the BC ARK kit and put in 140s. They bike was rip roaring but had some hesitation if I gave it a little blip. It also seemed to have an unburned fuel smell a bit. That was 3 turns out..backed down to 2.5 turns same. Switched to 135s less WOT power and still the same. No shims, and not familiar with the process. Pipes were clean and now are bluing some..not a lot but it was staying clean last year.

Thanks for any input...I'm a hacker!