Arizona riders

mod8015

moped
Just moved to Flagstaff from Omaha, NE. I was spoiled with a trusted Mom and Pop dealership/service garage. Can any of you recommend a good garage that I can go to for service in the Flagstaff area? Also, if anyone is interested in hitting the road for a ride let me know.

Thanks
:up:

pepper

Street Tracker
I'm in Flagstaff as well. Can you ride this weekend?

Northland by the mall has done a few things on mine and I'd go back. There's a guy over on Blackbird Roost Road that does jap bikes, I've heard he'll work on Trumps too but I've not used him. Not too many choices here and there all damned expensive with some knocking on 75-80 bucks a flat rate hour.

mod8015

moped
Not sure...might be heading North or South to camp this weekend. I will get back to you by this evening if I'll be available to ride.

GuyM

Street Tracker
Live where you want - I meet people who seem trapped by circumstances, somewhere they don't like. Years ago I got myself out and moved where I wanted to be, up in the Pacific Northwest. It's worked out just fine:

IMG_0114.jpg

I've got a fondness for the southwest too - but up here is where I truly belong. Make it happen and live where you want. You'll thank yourself every day.

Regards, Guy

Bonniebret

Rocker
I lived in AZ in the late '80s. Had entertained the idea of moving back. Any good mechanics (non-dealer) in the PHX/Scottsdale area?

One of the good things about this forum is when someone posts "Just moved to Flagstaff from Omaha" I usually go and google Flagstaff Arizona and Omaha. It makes it a bit personal and a little educational. That was a long distance move.

pepper

Street Tracker
I lived in AZ in the late '80s. Had entertained the idea of moving back. Any good mechanics (non-dealer) in the PHX/Scottsdale area?

Good question Bonniebret, I hope to find that out as well. We close escrow on our house in Flagstaff June 10th and are actively looking for another in the Arcadia/Biltmore area of Phx.

nohawk

Rocker
Live where you want - I meet people who seem trapped by circumstances, somewhere they don't like. Years ago I got myself out and moved where I wanted to be, up in the Pacific Northwest. It's worked out just fine:

IMG_0114.jpg

I've got a fondness for the southwest too - but up here is where I truly belong. Make it happen and live where you want. You'll thank yourself every day.

Regards, Guy

Guy, did you find work before you relocated or did you just get up there and kinda wing it? Every summer we talk about getting out of this TX humidity.

GuyM

Street Tracker
I went to the area first, scouting for work. Landed a job, then moved the family. We've been up here 16 years now.

Had to buy something odd, a snow shovel...

Nick Morey

Rocker

IMG_0114.jpg

Regards, Guy

Guy, not only do you post ride reports with some beautiful scenery, but it turns out you are inspiring, too! My wife & I have talked about this very thing numerous times, and we ain't getting any younger, it's finding the will & the way to make it happen. I've always thought about moving back to Colorado, I loved it there!

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
i move to AZ sept 27. got a 13ft trailer and a suburban to pull it with. its scary but exciting. its gonna be a huge kulture shock for me i think but im ready