new bike home

evil knievel

Scooter
I am pretty happy.Dad lent me the money so I could buy my bike.I got it from a private add in the paper. Its a 2009 and its got 37000 kilometers on it. He says its all highway miles. The speedometer doesnt work,and its got a dent on the left hand side of the gas tank.I onley paid $6,100. Dad says it will be a great project. I think the battery is a little low.I had to charge it up 2 times.I am so happy.Here is a picture my mom took of the bike.

Attachments

• evils bike.jpg
    evils bike.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0

redual

Scooter
Lent? My kids want me to give! You lucky bugger! Take care of the bike, get it how you want and ENJOY.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
That is pretty cool your old man hooked you up with a Trumpet! Take care of her and enjoy, you will get a lot of memories and great times in return. One day I plan on passing the keys of the Creamsicle over to my boy. Will probably have to do an engine re-build before that day comes but it is something we can do together. Something about bikes with fathers and their sons...

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Evil,
I have the identical bike and year. You are one of the lucky ones to have such a cool Dad. I strongly encourage you to take the motorcycle safety course. Surviving out on the roads is a strategy and I hope you take the class and practice your riding skills.
Stay safe and Congrats on the new bike...you will love it.

Awesome! I can tell how excited you are just from your post.

Does your dad ride too? I'm trying to get my dad an America or T-bird so he can get back into riding.

Nick Morey

Rocker
nice bike evil, good choice, lots of stuff you can do to it to make it your's. Lot's of good info here, don't be a stranger. Be good to your Dad now and ride safe!

coopv2

Street Tracker
good score, if you have to charge the battery its probably rooted. you could take the seat off, start the bike, and with a volt meter check the output of the charging system across the battery terminals, get someone to slowly increase the throttle and note what the reading is.. should range between 13-14.5 volts. if thats all good. then your battery is stuffed. get a sealed replacement.
as for the speedo, undo the speedo cable at the top behind the guage. pull out the inner cable and check for a break. drop it back in the sleeve, prop up the bike on the right under the engine with a couple of bits of wood, so you can safely spin the front wheel. and take note if the inner cable spins with the wheel. if thats good. then refit the cable. make sure you move the wheel a little to help the square end of the cable seat into the speedo as you do the nut up. and spin the wheel again to see if it works yet.
good luck
Coop

evil knievel

Scooter
lots of kms

37000 kilometers, is this correct? Or is it 3700?

Anyway great motorcycle. Really nice dad!

Yes the speedometer reads 37599.3 Yes, my dads pretty good in helping me out.I dont know much at all about fixing bikes.My dad use to ride a Honda cb1100 I think 1970's somthing.I only seen pictures of it.

evil knievel

Scooter
battery

good score, if you have to charge the battery its probably rooted. you could take the seat off, start the bike, and with a volt meter check the output of the charging system across the battery terminals, get someone to slowly increase the throttle and note what the reading is.. should range between 13-14.5 volts. if thats all good. then your battery is stuffed. get a sealed replacement.
as for the speedo, undo the speedo cable at the top behind the guage. pull out the inner cable and check for a break. drop it back in the sleeve, prop up the bike on the right under the engine with a couple of bits of wood, so you can safely spin the front wheel. and take note if the inner cable spins with the wheel. if thats good. then refit the cable. make sure you move the wheel a little to help the square end of the cable seat into the speedo as you do the nut up. and spin the wheel again to see if it works yet.
good luck
Coop

The battery is dead.It wont even charge up. The spedometer is broken inside.When you shake it up and down, it sounds like theres a screw bouncing around in it. :bug: We are going to put a new battery in it this week end.:rocks: