Airbox removal and oil breather

whyme

TT Racer
Sean from BC told me to cut it short and just let it rest on top of the case. Seems ok, but the connector in the kit was not at all tight into the rubber hose. I will try and find a 90 degree connector piece that is larger and try that. somewhere I have the image he sent...maybe on my laptop...when I find it I'll post.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Hmm. mine is just run along the top of the case, but it seems to be blowing oil all over the place. I have a bad feeling that I have a bigger problem..

rodburner

Rocker
No,it does that if it just lays down. I made my own breather out of plumbing bits from Lowes and a chunk of UNI filter I had laying around. No more oily coating. Just drilled a hole in and out,pushed the UNI in,below the holes,tightened it all up and zipped it to the backbone,standing up.
Picture009.jpg

six by six

Two Stroke
It was resting on the crankcase then I got tired of all the oil mess. So I made a longer hose and ran it all the way up so the "filter" was by the battery, and it still made a mess. So now I have the tube stuck down in front of the swingarm. Now it drips oil all over the side stand. It's a losing battle for me so I have a drip pan in my garage I park over.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
So what I'm getting here is that it really needs some kind of reservoir, like the airbox had, or something to cut down the pressure of the oil splashing up to the breather filter..

rodburner

Rocker
That's what mine does. The oil collects at the Uni filter material,then runs back down the hose to the engine case. The blowby from the crank is just a very fine mist that collects and drips back in.