Anakee 2's on a Scrambler possible?

Hi all, I've an '09 Scrambler that is reaching the end of life with the stock tires with about 6k miles on them. I've also got an 01 BMW GS that I've recently put a fresh pair of Michelin Anakee 2's on as I rode from Phoenix to Florida to bike week recently.
Upon my return, several thousand miles later (4k plus I believe), there is BARELY any wear on the Anakees 2's.

So question is, does anyone know if these tires (which don't look half bad) could fit on the ole scrammy?

Don't flame me with "check google" either, I'm asking here because you lads are in the know ;)

Cheers
Peter

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I run Anakees on my Bonnie, one size bigger than stock (110/80-19 in front, 140/70-17 in rear). As I recall, they come in other sizes. I don't know what size tires the Scram has, but I know how I'd find out. :) You should get them *here*-- good prices and very fast delivery!

I had the Anakees on my '06 Scrambler after the Trailwings were toast, also at about 6,000 miles.... the Deathwings felt squiggly in the rain right from the start.... the Anakees were a tremendous improvement, but the Metzler Tourances were even better....

Old_Eric

Scooter
I have Anakees on my Scrambler. I' ve riden over 10 000 kms on these tires. The front tire is still like new one, the rear tire has worn, of course, but I think it has still some 3000 - 4000 kms left.

Thanks all for your responses.
Upon reading more it does look like the Metzler Tourances are the favored rubber o choice.
Anybody care to post a dealer here in the U.S. that has good prices?

Cheers
Peter

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I've got a pair of Tourances en route from SWMoto... the stocks are running out fast! At least I'll have them ready when the Anakees are ready for retirement!

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
I've just read on ADV that you can use tubeless Tourances with Metzeler tubes on tubed rims. Trying saying that when you've had a few. Apparently comes straight from the Metzeler website.

bob

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I've just read on ADV that you can use tubeless Tourances with Metzeler tubes on tubed rims. Trying saying that when you've had a few. Apparently comes straight from the Metzeler website.

bob

Awesome! By chance, would you happen to have a link to the thread?

Of course being a British Bike why not fit Avon Dystanze They are brilliant in the wet and dry and look very cool. Similar to Tourence and so far good mileage on my 08 Scrambler

Knees in the breeze

Mind your own business you nosey parker!
ok, admittedly lame...

I looked at Avons and a mate has just fitted some slick looking set on his 99 Daytona. Just liked the look of the Metzlers a little more. ADV also has some good rider reviews of them ( or should I say there's more raving reviews about them).

I'm still parked in procrastinationville and no amount of rogain is going to put tread back on them...

tribear

Street Tracker
I use Motorcycle Super Store quite a bit. Huge inventory, free shipping over $75, get stuff quick.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/5381/ITEM/Metzeler-Tourance-Rear-Tire.aspx
This is for the 140/80 17 which fits well and I prefer the feel/ride vs. the stock size.
Bike Bandit has the same size for $156.08 but not sure if they do free shipping or not.
Not to confuse the issue but another option is the Continental Trail Attack. I have about 4,000 miles on a pair now and they are holding up and handling similar to the Tourances. The Conti's are a bunch cheaper.
Good luck.

DIRK

750cc
Why not check with your local guy for tyre prices. most of us will try at least to get close to the neters. and you might need us for something else.

Well I ended-up opting for the Metzlers. Got a local guy here in Phoenix www.thehelmet center.com to order 'em. 300$ including 2 sets of HD tubes.

Have a garage-day planned at my mates house as he's got all the gear to remove, balance, inflate etc.

I'll have to scrub them in pretty quick commuting to the office this coming week aswel as there's a local over-night RAT ride to the devils highway next week-end.

Will give my .02 of the rubber after that ride for all who care to read-up on my choice.
Thanks for all the input kids :)

Cheers
Peter

Ok so first impressions of the Metzlers are stellar!
Rode a 900Mile trip from Phoenix to route 191, up and down, then back home again over 2 days.

Tires held-up well in 90-110 blats on the slab to get to the Devils Highway (route 191) and stuck well in the tight twisty stuff. There were various road conditions and a little loose stuff in the tight technical areas and only once did I feel the gravel kick the rear out on me slightly..not tire related but rather conditions.
They did wear a little ragged on the edges during the 45degree ride home due to 40-60mph cross winds, but then I would expect hat from any tire doing hundreds of mile on an angle....

These tires are a great buy and based on 1000 miles on them since last week I highway recommend them to all considering a swap from stock or other.

+1

Cheers
Peter